Copy and Paste in a note on Android

hello there, I have a problem with Evernote on Android. Since somme weeks, I can't past a texte longer than 100 words maybe less didn't really count. I am an author, I write on my smartphone sometime and I need to save my work with my laptop, but if I can't past a text 2k word long in a note, the app is osbsolete... This is a bug or something else, some restriction ? Thanks.

• Level 5

Hi @Azzarine, and welcome to the forums! What is the source of the material you are copying? Are you pasting into a new note, or an existing one? I just tried copying a long note and pasting it into a new note, and then copying a newspaper article from my browser and pasting into a new note, and both were successful.

hi @Dave-in-Decatur !

Thanks for reply ! I copy my text from Wattpad Text Editor mainlyn from the Android app. I've never had a problem before the last update. Since that, only the few 100 words at the beginning of my text are pasting. and I always past in a new note. However, in the clipboard of my smartphone, I have the entire text... I don't understand. Evernote is so usefull for me to write on my phone, copy'n'past in a new note and get the texte on my computer minutes later with the W10 app... I hope you can help me and find the problem. I'm not a premium member, though, but never was and never had problem.

• Level 5

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with Wattpad. Have you tried pasting from it into other apps (email, SMS text, etc.)? Is it possible that a limitation has been introduced into Wattpad? Can you paste larger amounts of text from other sources into Evernote?

I was able to pas a lot amount of text from Wattpad un the Android app. But now I can't... It's only un the Android app because I can past my chapters in the Evernote Web site and the Windows 10 app from the M store.

It's only since the last update of the Android app. It's annoying. 😔

• Level 5

Well, I'm afraid there's nothing more I know to suggest. Just to confirm, are you able to paste large amounts from Wattpad into other Android apps, and are you able to paste large amounts from other apps into Evernote Android? I realize you may not want to do those things, but attempting them might help to show where the problem lies.

Yep ! I'am able to past a chapter of 1800 words in another Notes app... so I'am afraid I will change my app, but It's annoying, because Evernote have a sync with PC application and, not another Android similar app Notes.

Well, thank you for tryng help me, and sorry for my english, I'am French.

Have a good evening/night

Archived