Drag and dropping an image sets URL to about:blank

This seems to have started happening in the last couple of updates.  When I drag and drop an image into a new note, the URL field gets set to about:blank.  I think have to clear the field, so I can paste in the URL that I want associated with the note.  

Is there any way to disable this "feature"?

It's when I copy an image from a website, specifically a clipping from newspapers.com.  I use newspapers.com's clipping function, so that I can easily retrieve the source of the clipping.  I know I could use the Evernote Web Clipper, but that wouldn't work for what I want.

• Level 5

Thanks for the added details. It seems that this may be a pretty localized issue, not a general one with drag-and-drop, then. It's not surprising that some kind of URL would come along with an image from a Website. "about:blank" is usually for some kind of popup, maybe Javascript, I think (not sure). It may be that for this particular task, you'll need to drag in the image and then copy the URL in separately.

That's exactly what I do, but I have to clear the about:blank URL before I can paste in the actual one.  I'd prefer it if the URL didn't get filled in with about:blank.  More of an annoyance than a real problem.

Archived