Local files on non-local drive

• Level 5*

Hi.  You don't mention why you're moving files to a network folder,  but if multiple accesses to the same account(s) are planned,  you should take note of the warnings - your data will be at risk if you continue.  Evernote have mentioned that as a general practice they are moving towards allowing users to tickbox warning messages with "don't show this again",  but AFAIK that's not yet possible.

It is possible to redirect database storage in Evernote via Tools/ Options/ General (and scroll down) - is this what you're doing?  If not,  exactly what operation is causing these messages to appear?

Thank you for reply.

In Terminal Server environment we are using UPD (User Profile Disks), C:\ drive has limited size (few GB). All user data located on network drives and Evernote cache too.

14 hours ago, gazumped said:

It is possible to redirect database storage in Evernote via Tools/ Options/ General (and scroll down) - is this what you're doing?

Yes, we use this way. To be more precise, we have done it via registry.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  If it is the case,  is it possible that changing the registry without changing the menu destination is generating that message?  Without an expert knowledge of the risks involved I wouldn't like to advise you on something involving several users - it might be worth investing in a Premium subscription to get some expert help.  You can tweet @EvernoteHelps but over a holiday season and year end, any responses are likely very slow...

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I remember (without digging into the code), we check the database when it is opened. Having the database live on a network drive is risky. We rely on sqlite file locking and that may not work on networked drives. (As I remember, that warning was added because people kept complaining about data loss/corruption when on a networked drive.)

Archived