Showing time due on notes with Reminders

shekala

Idea

Notes that have reminders show the due date in the title bar, but not the actual time of day. To get the time of day, it looks like you have to click on the clock, then choose Change Date, which is obviously cumbersome. Is there a way to display both the date and time due? Thanks!

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, shekala said:

Notes that have reminders show the due date in the title bar, but not the actual time of day. To get the time of day, it looks like you have to click on the clock, then choose Change Date, which is obviously cumbersome. Is there a way to display both the date and time due? Thanks!

If your notes are in List View, you can right-click on the headers and there are 3 Reminder columns you can add:

1. Reminder: this seems to be some random time. Maybe when it was set?
  2. Reminder Time: This is the due date and time.
  3. Reminder Done: When you completed it, if it is complete.

#2 above is what you want most likely.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, shekala said:

Thanks - I am pretty much hooked on Snippet View, so it doesn't appear this works in that view. Is there a way to see the time next to the due date shown in the title bar of the note panel?

Not that I know of, no. That would be useful, so I'll add my vote.

• Level 5*
On 12/14/2018 at 3:40 PM, shekala said:

Is there a way to display both the date and time due?

This was presented as a Windows problem, with a single field not viewable (Reminder Time)
A Windows solution (List view) was posted by @EdH

>>Thanks - I am pretty much hooked on Snippet View, so it doesn't appear this works in that view.

I added my vote to the request - When the date is displayed, it shoud include the time.1253169033_ScreenShot2018-12-15at12_53_32.png.cf31062cbcbd632ab3351a6bc49e7332.png

For myself, the issue is cross platform with various metadata not viewable.  
I need access on all platforms; also in my html backups.
My preference is for all the details be displayed in the note information/detail box.

The solution I implemented was to append the metadata to the note contents.
I automated this with scripting (Mac)350911455_ScreenShot2018-12-14at21_30_16.png.101700a11dc1db3ceecd7e1c2d0e9fde.png

The full metadata list is

title (text) : The note's title.
creation date (date) : The note's creation date.
modification date (date) : The note's last modification date.
subject date (date or missing value) : The date associated with the note's content.
source URL (text or missing value) : The note's source URL.
latitude (real or missing value)
longitude (real or missing value)
altitude (real or missing value)
tags (list of tag) : The tags assigned to this note.
notebook (notebook, r/o) : The notebook containing this note.
note link (text, r/o) : A URL specifying this note.
reminder time (date or missing value) : The reminder time for the note.
reminder done time (date or missing value) : The time the reminder for the note was marked completed.
reminder order (date or missing value) : The reminder order time for the note. When not empty, this is what indicates the note has a reminder.

local note folder (Mac)

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, shekala said:

Per @jefito, no.  I use Side List view so saved reminder searches/views with reminder time showing work fine.

My workaround pending EN enhancements for reminder maintenance have been PhraseExpress hotkeys.  The one that addresses this is change the date, Alt+2 in my case.  The calendar panel appears with the date/time showing.  Not perfect, but quick access to time if needed.  

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, shekala said:

Thanks for all the feedback. Hopefully this is monitored and the developers can see how much sense it makes to display the time and we can spend our time on better things than work arounds :))

Yeah, to misquote Julie Andrews, workarounds are not a few my favorite things.  I create them when the arithmetic of time and/or aggravation makes sense to me.  Great if EN adds the feature, I’m covered if not.  🤷‍♂️

Archived