Odd behaviour - acrobat added short-cuts to all my notebooks to onedrive

This is very odd - I opened a document in Adobe Acrobat from my evernote and then it automatically created short-cut URLs to all of my notebooks in onedrive... em.. how? why? 

The short-cuts don't actually work and do naything but why created and why added to one-drive? 

Capture.PNG

• Level 5*

Hi.

9 minutes ago, cgk said:

...and then it automatically created short-cut URLs to all of my notebooks in onedrive

Erm - which "it" are we talking here?  Did Adobe (or Evernote) add these shortcuts to the PDF file,  or to the note to which it was attached?  Were they in a separate window,  or just part of the text? If this is repeatable,  can we have a screen shot with a wider view to see the context?

-This has never happened to me (yet) but I guess...  Oh - and what versions of Evernote and Windows are you using?

9 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.

Erm - which "it" are we talking here?  Did Adobe (or Evernote) add these shortcuts to the PDF file,  or to the note to which it was attached?  Were they in a separate window,  or just part of the text? If this is repeatable,  can we have a screen shot with a wider view to see the context?

-This has never happened to me (yet) but I guess...  Oh - and what versions of Evernote and Windows are you using?

Let's see:

* Windows 10 Home 1803

* Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2019

* Evernote 6.16.4.8094

* Onedrive 18.222

So what happened was I was using evernote, and opened up a PDF that is attached to a note. Acrobat is the designated handler/reader and it opened it. Onedrive then popped up a notification that acro32.exe (or whatever acrobat is called) was created files in Onedrive. It then created short-cut URLs for all of my notebooks in onedrive. 

The image in my first point are the short-cuts that have been created in my document folder of my onedrive account. 

I simply don't understand what could have caused this behaviour. 

• Level 5*

Unfortunately Adobe Reader will run scripts and it seems that is what happened. Could have been a script embedded in the pdf you opened.

Unless you need that specific app, consider uninstalling and using edge or chrome as your pdf handler.  

• Like 1