Import/Export Local Folder

W10; Evernote 6.16.4.8094 (308094) Public (CE Build ce-58.1.6897)

I would like to Export a local Folder and then Import on another computer as a local Folder.  I have set up a test local folder with 6 notes, I export the folder and the size is 3.3M, from the size I assume it has exported all 6 notes, no error message.

I create a new local folder, highlight the folder and do an import. Evernote created a new folder and only imported 1 note.  No error messages.

I don't mind the new folder but want all my notes.

What am I doing wrong???

• Level 5*

Hi.  You may be overthinking this.  Are you exporting to ENEX using the Evernote for Windows File > Export menu?  Have you checked the option?  (Make sure you're exporting tags as well as notes).  Did you select the notebook from the left hand menu,  or just one of the notes?

When you have an Enex file,  send that to the new computer and again use Evernote File > Import to recreate the notebook.

How to back up (export) and restore (import) notes and notebooks

Yes, I am selecting from the left-hand menu.  I highlight the folder I want to export. I use the Evernote Export as Enex option and then the Evernote Import option. I don't export tags as I don't use them. 

You did trigger my little brain. I just tried the export again but highlighted all the notes rather than just the folder and that solved the problem. I have not seen that the specific notes you want to be exported must be highlighted. I had assumed(I know!) that if I highlighted the folder that was all that was needed.

In a roundabout way, you solved you solved the problem.

Thanks

Archived