New notes don't initialize right

Since templates were introduced, new notes created on my iPhone don't initialize right and I have to click Done and + again.  What happens is the Title box shows up, but the note area that is supposed to say "Start writing or choose a  [Template]" doesn't, and a spinning icon is in that area.  When I click Done, the new note is not there, even if I had entered a Title.  The second time I click + always works.  It only happens when I open up the app after it has been closed for a while (which is, of course, almost every time).  Sometimes if I wait a while before creating a new note it will initialize right.  I figured I clicked + before it was ready.  But this doesn't always help.

Also perhaps related, since templates were introduced a large green spinning wait circle appears in Evernote for about 5  seconds before you can do anything.  Evernote used to work instantly.  So it has been slowed down.  Perhaps I see these issues more than other users because I have over 1000 notes; just a thought.  But I see this slowdown and this bug every time I use it, so I would think this would have been noticed and fixed quickly.  Thanks!

Archived