(Archived) Does Evernote 3 support templates?

I'm really amazed because templates are a make or break feature for me. I would never move from my current notetaking app (Yojimbo) until I had templates for common notes like passwords, serial numbers, recipes, etc.

It was templates that first brought me to EverNote. Maybe EverNote will hear our pleas and add them...

• 2 weeks later...

I learned the hard way to not rely on templates with Evernote. When ver 2.2 came out it disabled all the existing templates, causing many of us to lose valuable data. They posted a method to hack the old templates but it proved to be complicated and not reliable. Do not trust Evernote with your templates!

i don´t need silliy things like iphone sync - but i need TEMPLATES !!!

You can join the "backward group" - those of us holding back with 2.2 because 3.0 doesn't have the features we are so used to and have come to depend on. We'll probably have regular meetings in the 2.2 forum.

i don´t need silliy things like iphone sync - but i need TEMPLATES !!!

Why bother using v3 then??? The on big feature that v3 has is syncing, but it's lacking so many other features that v2.2 has. Stick with 2.2 if syncing isn't important.

Everytime I see the "I want my templates" It makes Evernote plus look better and better all the time. I am willing to give the power to be time to see what the beta brings, but If you have the old installer prior to 2.2 it will give you back your templates and any old custom templates. You know the old saying . Don't fix something that ain't broke. I just feel the templates were a good thing of evernote. That is what made me go for the program, but I still have a very open mind.

Archived