We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×

linked note as proof of action

I've been experimenting with notes shared with a link.  I noticed that there's always a Last Updated at the top when viewed on the web and it got me thinking.

How reliable is the Last Updated?    Would there be a way to change it (to the past) client side?  For example - I want to prove when a note was written.  I could link a person a note and prove that those thoughts were typed a month ago or whenever.

I'm not planning on relying on this in court, I'm simply interested in being able to reasonably prove when a text was last modified because file created/modified dates in windows can be changed with easily available software. 

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, Greg Shiny Grey said:

I've been experimenting with notes shared with a link.  I noticed that there's always a Last Updated at the top when viewed on the web and it got me thinking.

How reliable is the Last Updated?    Would there be a way to change it (to the past) client side?  For example - I want to prove when a note was written.  I could link a person a note and prove that those thoughts were typed a month ago or whenever.

I'm not planning on relying on this in court, I'm simply interested in being able to reasonably prove when a text was last modified because file created/modified dates in windows can be changed with easily available software. 

The note metadata contains date created and updated.
The dates are easily reset on the Mac/Windows platforms,