We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×
Greg.C

Add Time/Date Stamp button to Formatting Bar

Idea

I often find myself updating notes with actions performed for a specific Evernote Task. I use the GTD methodology and use tags for (like Now, Next, Later, Waiting, etc). Often times I am waiting on others, and have several "updates' on status as the work gets done. Just like is is very handy to be able to insert bullet formatting, or a separation line, it would be a great time saver if I could quickly add a date stamp to the Note View. Some might like the option of picking Time and/or Date.  For example. Let's say I have the the following  "To Do" note (see below). As I get feedback, I'm always putting the date in. This greatly helps to keep a chronological history, and makes it easy to see when the last time some form of update occurred.

image.png.8cb46ee07409dd1e481e5ff308ab7f64.png

4 replies to this idea

Crl+; will add date and time to a note.

• Thanks 1

On 11/29/2018 at 11:22 AM, Greg.C said:

it would be a great time saver if I could quickly add a date stamp to the Note View. Some might like the option of picking Time and/or Date. 

The Mac formatting toolbar is already crowded
Perhaps a better solution is to allow customization so we can chose the icons we need
249460715_ScreenShot2018-11-30at21_56_20.png.2f8f46d7ff8516eb186a8663c3fcb015.png

On a Mac, the keyboard shortcut is

image.png.e077a866354d4e9cbcdf33cce8232642.png

• Thanks 1

I never noticed that in the format toolboar. Thank you!  That works perfectly for me. The command shift D shortcut is even more useful as my hands are already on the keyboard typing.

Now, if we could only get the time and date in IOS it would be great! 

• Like 1