Thoughts on Evernote as productivity app

remedy5

Idea

I am planning to limit my use of Evernote as I keep running into bugs that don't seem to get attention (bullet formatting, etc). However, I would like to offer my thoughts on what could truly make Evernote a compelling productivity app for me and many others. I hope this helps someone, somewhere:

Evernote would be much more awesome to those looking to use fewer productivity apps if the following were available:

• If it could reorder notes manually within lists (similar to trello)
  • If it had keyboard shortcuts to reorder lists and outlines in a note (similar to workflowy, onenote, others)
  • If card view had easy to read data in a predictable format on the front of the card (similar to trello)
  • If reminders were easier to create, modify, update, and delete (especially in mass like most task apps)
  • If reminders could be all-day events and show in Google calendar that way (using Cronofy)

Looking forward to seeing what others think.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

When making feature requests, it's best to do one per post, so that the scope of the request is more focused, and other users can vote for single requests rather than a full slate of them.

That being said, most of these have already been proposed before; it's generally a good idea to search the forums here for previous requests for the same feature (granted, that's not always easy), and if found, add your vote / comment to the existing request. Again, this helps to keep the forums focused.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, remedy5 said:

Thoughts on Evernote as productivity app

For productivity solutions, I make use of scripting (Mac)
When I need a feature, I can usually implement it with a script.

>>If it could reorder notes manually within lists (similar to trello)

I never saw the appeal of maually re-order within lists.
I can work with the current title/date options.
One problem I see is that a note can appear in many lists; do we keep an order for each list

>>If reminders could be all-day events and show in Google calendar that way (using Cronofy)2017608955_ScreenShot2018-11-29at10_53_02.png.0979541f4b1df993941cd86ba503b8c8.png

I show my daily  journal as all-day events on my Apple Calendar.  
The entry includes a link to the Evernote note
I automated this using a script on my Mac; it isn't Reminder related.

>>If reminders were easier to create, modify, update, and delete (especially in mass like most task apps)

Do-able with scripting on a Mac

Is there much demand for "mass" reminder settings?
Mac/Windows display a "mass" box for selected notes,7288438_ScreenShot2018-11-29at11_02_48.png.47472f88fe661357f66c7e51549392d8.png
but options restricted to tags, notebook, ...

>>If it had keyboard shortcuts to reorder lists 

Do-able on a Mac for notebook lists; shortcuts can be assigned to any menu item
829925400_ScreenShot2018-11-29at10_49_22.png.d99177b4ce9edf82cb3b7da71896f6cb.png

Archived