Search results (highlighted text) move when scrolling the PDF

Hi,

I am using Evernote 7.6 (Editor 59.0.7031) on macOS High Sierra (version 10.13.4). While the search results are being highlighted successfully, it looks that when scrolling (doesn't matter which direction) the PDF the highlighted results (indicated correctly) begin to move as well.

It would be appreciated if this can be fixed so the highlighted items are anchored to the text and not floating.

Attached is an example when searching for the word "attack tree" and scrolling the PDF from Evernote.

Best,

Joseph

Screen Shot 2018-11-27 at 08.29.54.png

I see this issue when I'm searching within regular text with the same version of Evernote, also on macOS High Sierra (10.13.6).  For me the orange highlights follow the text being scrolled once or twice and then stay in the same place on the screen regardless of any further scrolling.

I found version 7.5.2 on cdn1.evernote.com : dmg, zip.

However, I think it would require me to completely delete all my notes that have been downloaded locally.  I had tried to downgrade and the (older) Evernote app said that my data was being managed with a later version).  Since I wasn't quite ready to do that (and I wasn't sure that I would get all of the folders/directories and files) I upgraded to 7.6 again.

By the way, I just found a work-around where the search results work as expected in a new editor window (i.e. double-clicking on a note or right click --> Open Note in New Window).  It's just not working in the main editor window.

Before installing a past release of Evernote, I have removed it completely from my computer (otherwise you get "data was being being managed with a later version"). I have done this through AppCleaner. This also removes the Evernote database. Then, provided your notebooks are synced (not local) then these are automatically restored from Evernote servers. Potentially, you also need to rebuild the search indexes (easy to do from the Troubleshooting menu).

I guess I will stay with 6.11 for a while on Mac. Then, will update it once this bug is fixed (which is a bit annoying...). 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, RTnotes said:

I think it would require me to completely delete all my notes that have been downloaded locally.  I had tried to downgrade and the (older) Evernote app said that my data was being managed with a later version).

Archived