Text Colour Not Saving

Hey,

When applying a different text colour to content inside a note, Evernote doesn't remember the colour change when viewing a different note and then visiting the existing note.

I've tried uninstalling the app and even changing the App store version with the direct download version and it makes no difference.

It's quite frustrating as I use Evernote for to do lists and once a job is complete I change the colour colour to green, but this bug wont allow me to do this completely.

Another point about this bug is that it's sporadic, for example, if I change the text colour on 10 lines of text, the 3rd and 9th line may be the original text colour if I revisit it at a later date.

Is anyone else experiencing this or can they replicate this?

Specs
Version 7.6 (457299 App Store)
Editor: 59.0.7031 (d523909)
Mac OS 10.14
Using Dark Mode

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2018 at 2:54 AM, GavBBI said:

Hey,

When applying a different text colour to content inside a note, Evernote doesn't remember the colour change when viewing a different note and then visiting the existing note.

I've tried uninstalling the app and even changing the App store version with the direct download version and it makes no difference.

It's quite frustrating as I use Evernote for to do lists and once a job is complete I change the colour colour to green, but this bug wont allow me to do this completely.

Another point about this bug is that it's sporadic, for example, if I change the text colour on 10 lines of text, the 3rd and 9th line may be the original text colour if I revisit it at a later date.

Is anyone else experiencing this or can they replicate this?

Specs
Version 7.6 (457299 App Store)
Editor: 59.0.7031 (d523909)
Mac OS 10.14
Using Dark Mode

Hey there, 

I'm unable to reproduce this on the latest Mac beta, 7.7 Beta 1.

Are you able to send me detailed steps to reproduce, or try installing the beta to see if the issue persists? 

Thanks! 

Since using dark mode I've notice this too. Not sure if it is dark mode itself or a bug in general with the updated version. Anyway, I found the font color change sticks if I select the offending text block and apply 'simplify formatting'. That returns it back to white. I then change the color again and found that it stays. It could be something to do with text that has been pasted in from external sources having certain ascii codes in it.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@Nick L., @Jay-Bob,

Here are steps to reproduce:

1. Create a note with two lines of text
  2. Open the color picker (cmd-shift-c) and color both lines of text in a particular color
  3. Select both lines of text and copy
  4. Create a second note and paste in the lines
  5. Select one line of text and using the color picker change it to a different color
  6. Switch to a different note, then switch back to the note in which the color change was made. The color will be reverted to the previous color.

Attached is a screen recording of the issue occurring in Evernote 7.13, Mac OS 10.14.6, with dark mode enabled.

color-issue.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Ex Employees

Thanks for reporting this, @bmoen, I see exactly what you mean in the current Evernote for Mac app. 

As it happens, our editor engineers are hard at work developing a new editor that should be available later this year. I've already tested the issue you're reporting there, and have ensured that this problem is no longer occurring on the new editor that is currently in beta on our new version of Evernote Web if you'd like to give it a try there.

I don't have an estimate for when to expect the new editor to be available on all other Evernote applications including Evernote for Mac where you're experiencing this issue, but please keep updating so you always have the latest fixes when they are released. The article linked above will also have more details about the new editor as they become available.

• 2 weeks later...

I got it to work by using shift-cmd-v.   Look in the edit menu for "Paste and Match Style" . I never would have thought of it because it CHANGES the style from White on Black to Black on White.

I shall have to change the meaning of the word "Match" in the dictionary.  ;)

It's been driving me crazy--and that is a pretty long drive!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Same problem for me. Also on Dark mode with Evernote for Mac 7.14 with Catalina. I often copy/paste bits from e-mails and somehow these then show as dark text on a dark background and I cannot get the change to white text to stick. I'll see if the Paste and Match style option works, but I have a feeling that this will also make me lose my formatting from the e-mails.