All Notes should go to the top

DavidEarl

Idea

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
39 minutes ago, DavidEarl said:

If you click All Notes in the Evernote Windows sidebar, it would be helpful if it scrolled the list of notes to the top, instead of leaving it far down the list where the previous search happened to be.

As an option perhaps.  Sometimes I want to change context, be it All Notes or a notebook, and want to keep the position the same in the note list.  I think it would be great if F6 returned the note list to the top, two birds with one stone.

• Level 5*
20 hours ago, DavidEarl said:

If you click All Notes in the Evernote Windows sidebar, it would be helpful if it scrolled the list of notes to the top, instead of leaving it far down the list where the previous search happened to be.

What I have done is create a "saved search" called "All notes" by saving a search containing only a special character (such as #, since Evernote search doesn't recognize special characters and instead returns all notes in the search results).

That saved search can be pinned to Shortcuts, and is also displayed at the bottom if you use Ctrl+Q

Such a saved search will also let you use the "Always use for..." function in the view-settings, which gives you the option for the All notes-button and "All notes"-saved search to have different default sorting orders.

I have always been able to click on "All Notes" at the top of my screen and it jumped to the most recent notes. However, upon upgrading to Evernote 7.6 it no longer does this! I contacted EN support regarding the issue but they stated that this has never happened...am I crazy or have others had this happen in the past? This feature was great! We need this.

Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 3.01.55 PM.png

My home note is updated several times daily, so tapping on its shortcut always takes me to the top of the list. 

As has been mentioned already, often I don't want to go to the top of the list, but continue working where I was, so staying on the current note works best for me.

On 11/24/2018 at 11:39 PM, wmsolo said:

Don Dz: what do you mean by "home note?" How would this work?

My Home note mostly contains links to all the main notes that form my GTD system, but also has links to anything I am currently working on. 

A shortened, single character version of the following sample links would be at the top, with a dividing line followed by links to active notes, which get updated frequently:

Calendar | At Home | Comp/Online | Errands | Projects | Waiting4 | S/M | Agenda | etc, etc

Archived