Sign in to follow this  
edhoover

chrome (Archived) Chrome clipper - always defaults to last note clipped?

Did a quick browse to see if this was addressed, but whenever I use the clipper for Chrome, when the little window pops up it always has the information for the last page I clipped - not the one I'm currently on (and want to clip). I have to press "discard" and then open the clipper again to clear out the old info and get the new info on there.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it supposed to do this?

Thanks.

This is actually sort of a "feature" (not a "bug").

If you use the clipper and then don't hit the "Save" button, we don't actually make a note. I.e. if you just click away from that panel, Chrome closes our clipper, but we don't make the note unless you Save or Discard.

If you then try to clip again, you're seeing the remembered contents so you can continue.

You can remove this "auto-save" behavior in the preferences for our extension.

That explains why I only saw this intermittently. I'd click "discard" & clip some more before seeing it again.

Great! I just set that to not remember. Thank you!

This is actually sort of a "feature" (not a "bug").

If you use the clipper and then don't hit the "Save" button, we don't actually make a note. I.e. if you just click away from that panel, Chrome closes our clipper, but we don't make the note unless you Save or Discard.

If you then try to clip again, you're seeing the remembered contents so you can continue.

Ahhhh! That makes sense. Thanks!