Locked out. Can't connect to server. Please try again later.

Hello all. I have been completely locked out of my Evernote for weeks.

When I open Evernote, I am presented with a sign-in window. I enter my username and pass and I get red text at bottom of window "Can't connect to server. Please try again later."  There is no option to work in offline mode - to let Evernote just read my local copies of notes. 

I recently ran a script to block Windows from reporting everything to microsoft, I think it may have blocked access via firewall entry that prevents Evernote from connecting to its sever (that is just a guess). I can't find anything anywhere that says what IP evernote is trying to reach out to so I can white-list the IP.

Can I please have help with clearing an IP (my computer talks to the internet just fine and all my other online apps work fine) or being told how to trick Evernote into letting me just view my existing notes. I don't think I want to stay with Evernote long term because of this problem - I can never count on being able to open a laptop and just view my notes unless Evernote can call home first - If I'm working out in the field and have no internet I would be locked out.

Thank you.

• Level 5*
  1. You should contact Evernote as there is probably a range of IP addresses both for Evernote and Google's could service that they use.
  2. Evernote works offline just fine with no connection - it just doesn't sync. If yours isn't working, it is probably because you ran a script that blacklisted a bunch of IP addresses you didn't review first and screwed up the client.
14 minutes ago, EdH said:

Evernote works offline just fine with no connection

Once you're logged in that is. In order to login requires server access.

One other thing to consider: What version are you using? We locked out some old versions due to security issues in order to force users to upgrade to the fixed version.

• Level 5*

Search the forums for the security announcement a few months ago, or just install the latest to ensure you are protected. If you haven’t updated in 3-4 months then I’m sure that was locked out. 

Archived