Request - Option to Make Reminder View Sticky

xmasmoneky

Idea

I'd like to set the default view (Notes vs. Reminders) for a saved search. 

For example - I have a 3 saved searches that show me:  1) All My Tasks, 2) Tasks Due Today, and 3) Tasks Due Tomorrow.  I click into one of those searches, then choose "Reminders" to see the reminder view.  Unfortunately, whenever I switch between those saved searches, or to a different view all together - upon coming back the view switches back to "Notes".

It would be great to simply remember the last view (and preserve it), or optionally let you specify the default view for a Saved Search.

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, xmasmoneky said:

I have a 3 saved searches that show me:  1) All My Tasks, 2) Tasks Due Today, and 3) Tasks Due Tomorrow.  I click into one of those searches, then choose "Reminders" to see the reminder view. 

I never use the "Reminder View"; I'm not sure what I'm missing
My saved search for current tasks is         reminderOrder:* -reminderTime:day+1 -reminderDoneTime:*

Here are my searches in case anyone is interested (they all filter out complete tasks):

• All Tasks:  -reminderDoneTime:* reminderOrder:*
  • Tasks Due Today (including overdue tasks):  reminderTime:day-60 -reminderTime:day+1 -reminderDoneTime:* reminderOrder:*
  • Tasks Due Tomorrow:  reminderTime:day+1 -reminderTime:day+2 -reminderDoneTime:* reminderOrder:*
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, xmasmoneky said:

Here are my searches in case anyone is interested (they all filter out complete tasks):

• All Tasks:  -reminderDoneTime:* reminderOrder:*
  • Tasks Due Today (including overdue tasks):  reminderTime:day-60 -reminderTime:day+1 -reminderDoneTime:* reminderOrder:*
  • Tasks Due Tomorrow:  reminderTime:day+1 -reminderTime:day+2 -reminderDoneTime:* reminderOrder:*

reminderTime:day-60   ???

• Level 5*
On 11/16/2018 at 2:08 PM, xmasmoneky said:

It lets me include tasks that are overdue in my "Today" search. 

You're already including all reminders with      reminderOrder:*

>>Request - Option to Make Reminder View Sticky

My testing indicates the Reminder View is "sticky"; except gets unstuck when you access a non-reminder note list
I don't know if this is a bug; it's a change from the previous version. I reported it here

>>or optionally let you specify the default view for a Saved Search.

Not currently available on Macs, but they have a similar feature in Evernote/Windows
I've implemented this using scripting; described in this post

Archived