Search highlighting doesn't scroll anymore

This morning upgraded to Version 7.6 (457299 App Store) Editor: 59.0.7031 (d523909) on  my Mac with OS X 10.14.1 (Mojave)

I searched for a word, and found the note I wanted to add to, and each instance of the search term was highlighted (all as expected). I went to scroll to the bottom of the note and the UI elements highlighting the search term didn't move, at all (unexpected). I had expected the highlighting element to move with the term it was attached to.

I did not see this behavior before upgrading.

Screenshots of the note immediately after clicking on it from the search results, and after scrolling the window a little:

Screenshot 2018-11-16 09.06.37.png

Screenshot 2018-11-16 09.06.46.png

• 2 weeks later...

When will it be fixed?  It was not in previous version. This is core function; how do I find notes if the search does not work? 

In addition, in-document search also exhibits same issue.  In-document search also has additional bug that after the search if I escape (done searching), the text editor re-load the page so I just lost my location (often in a very long notes for me).  This is is also another serious issue that impact really basic editor use case. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

When I search my notes, the highlighted box that highlights the word(s) doesn't remain fixed on the word(s) instead the highlighted box scrolls with the noted and does not remain hovered over the search findings in the note.  This is VERY frustrating. Mac App.

I also have this issue on Mac OS 10.14.1, and Evernote Version 7.6 (457299 App Store) Editor: 59.0.7031 (d523909)

This is a pretty serious bug since search is basically broken for any note that doesn't fit on a single page.

I was trying to report the bug but apparently you don't value the input of a professional software engineer with a Basic account since you only seem to allow upgraded members access to that ability.

On 11/16/2018 at 11:29 AM, mordel said:

This morning upgraded to Version 7.6 (457299 App Store) Editor: 59.0.7031 (d523909) on  my Mac with OS X 10.14.1 (Mojave)

I searched for a word, and found the note I wanted to add to, and each instance of the search term was highlighted (all as expected). I went to scroll to the bottom of the note and the UI elements highlighting the search term didn't move, at all (unexpected). I had expected the highlighting element to move with the term it was attached to.

I did not see this behavior before upgrading.

Screenshots of the note immediately after clicking on it from the search results, and after scrolling the window a little:

Screenshot 2018-11-16 09.06.37.png

Screenshot 2018-11-16 09.06.46.png

Is there a time frame of when this will be fixed. This is a deal breaker for me. I need to be able to search within the notes. 

As a premium subscriber, will there be a discount applied ?  

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Level 5

Fine, you now posted this piece of information - it says "2 years later", and this is not by accident.

This is the subform for the Mac legacy client, not for the v10 clients. And legacy is end of life, no need to discuss anything here any longer.

So you either don't have the same issue, because this thread is about a completely different app version.

Maybe post your question in a new thread you open in the right subform, and then we see where it takes you. Better give a proper description of what you see, because it is different from the legacy version described here.