Dark Mode is here... or is it?

gazumped

Idea

• Level 5*

Re 

I know this is nearly pantomime* season (well it is in the UK) and audiences everywhere (in the UK) will be gleefully shouting out phrases like "He's behind you!" and "Oh no, it's not!" but I didn't know that festival also occurred in the US.

I appreciate the announcement and look forward to the update,  my 8.16 beta 2 app is still firmly without Dark Mode and insists that "no new updates found".

So @Shane D. I have to say,  in answer to your post..  "Oh no, it's not!" (for some of us in the UK at least...)  :(

- and hey..  (You knew someone was bound to ask) What about Windows?

😏

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantomime

19 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
31 minutes ago, hanseric said:

When will we see dark mode for Windows? This is by far if more interest than mobile, although I'm glad we have that finally.

You're asking this in an Android forum. The original announcement for all is here: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/117474-introducing-dark-mode-for-evernote/, which links to a page that discusses the Windows and Web cases: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002061928?utm_campaign=dm&utm_medium=url+link&utm_source=discussion+forums. Also discussed in the forums here: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/117390-prevision-for-dark-mode/

10 horas atrás, jefito disse:

the 8.6 version does not appear to be compatible with my Android 5 tablet.

Indeed @jefito! I verified this after your comment. Above, the pics. This occurred in a Samsung J1 with Android 5.1.1. Until now, no 8.6 available.

screenshot_2018-11-25-11-22-38.png

SmartSelectImage_2018-11-25-11-35-11.jpg

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Echoreflection said:

none for me yet, how frustrating.  not sure why EN would release for some but not all...discrimination by randomness?

As noted above, 8.6 with dark mode is in the Play Store currently, at least that's what I'm seeing on my Android phone. Flip side is that the 8.6 version does not appear to be compatible with my Android 5 tablet. Which raises the question, which version are you running on your device?

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

You needed to join the beta stream to see 8.6 beta 2,  but since both my Androids updated last night and I have what appears to be 8.6 public release (and dark Mode! ) you should be able to find it now...

Sounds hopeful, nothing over here just yet.

• Level 5*
On 11/20/2018 at 5:27 AM, RavBoy said:

I'm in Australia...and when I accessed the Google Play Store just now... The 'Evernote for Android' app version 8.5.2 (updated Nov 14, 2018) is the latest available... there is NO 8.6!?

You needed to join the beta stream to see 8.6 beta 2,  but since both my Androids updated last night and I have what appears to be 8.6 public release (and dark Mode! ) you should be able to find it now...

• Level 5

@Don Dz @gazumped

Apologies for any confusion!

We've also released the Android update containing dark mode and it should be starting to appear for users in the Play Store soon if it's not available already.

This Android release was staggered, so it may not appear for everyone, everywhere, all at once, but we believe it should be available to everyone by the end of the week.

Please continue to keep an eye out, and I'll provide updates should anything change.

Thank you!

• Level 5*

'Pologies everyone - I confused the issue with some fat finger syndrome;  I am on Android,  and my version is 8.6 beta2- not 16 as originally quoted.  And yes,  I'm on the latest version (according to my Samsung Note4) but no Dark Mode yet.  My Android 7 Galaxy Tab is similarly missing the feature.

34 minutes ago, Shane D. said:

@Don Dz the Apple reference was speaking to Gazumped's question as to why Dark Mode was not appearing on the 8.16.2 Evernote Beta for iOS. Once we submit an update to the App Store, we have to await Apple's approval before the update becomes available for our users to download.

I kind of wondered whether he might be using pantomime (humor) a little by using the iOS version numbers, since this is the Android forum, and I got the iOS public version just fine the day it was announced, and the Android version is the one not out yet in spite of the announcement.

I came here hoping to see an explanation about the missing Android version.

• Level 5
7 minutes ago, Don Dz said:

Apple? 😶

@Don Dz the Apple reference was speaking to Gazumped's question as to why Dark Mode was not appearing on the 8.16.2 Evernote Beta for iOS. Once we submit an update to the App Store, we have to await Apple's approval before the update becomes available for our users to download.

I don't have any updates on Dark Mode for Windows, but will certainly update everyone here once I do.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Still waiting - the help page you referenced in the original post includes..

To enable the dark theme on your Android device:

1. Open Evernote.
  2. Tap the menu button (three horizontal lines) to open the menu.
  3. Find Dark Theme in the menu, then toggle the switch. It should be green when the dark theme is enabled.

Note: Toggle the dark theme setting off to disable it.

I'm still on 8.6 beta2 and there's no sign of the dark yet...

• Level 5

@gazumped

Thanks for reaching out, and for starting this thread!

For iOS, dark mode is available for Evernote in version 8.17, which we pushed out yesterday.

Unfortunately, we are at Apple's mercy as to how quickly the update is made available once we submit updates to them.

However, you should be seeing Version 8.17 available by now. (I just updated a personal device this morning).

As for now, I'm not sure what the next steps are for Windows. I'll do my best to find more information and follow-up once I know more.

Archived