Recycle Bin Sync Problems

Dear All,.

I am working on a Fujitsu Lifebook Stylistic 8GB RAM; Win 10 0.0.16299; Evernote Premium 6.16.4.8094 

At the moment I have around 2.500 messages in the recycle bin (Windows) I tried to empty the bin, but nothing happens. 

If I am checking the Webversion, there are only 51 messages, looks like, that there is something wrong with my local database. 

I tried to empty bin manual, but there is coming the message, that I can not delete Business Notes. I have to d that from the Administration level, 

but I do not have a Business Account. The rest of the Notes are syncing without any problem. It is just the Recycle Bin. 

Normaly I would try to delete my database and to resync, but unfortunately by database is quite big 27GB and I have at the moment only a weak mobile phone connection. 

Any ideas?  By the way is there any possibility to reduce the 27GB any cleaning, defragement or compression method. 

THX Norbert 

• Level 5*

Hi.  First,  as you're a subscriber,  I recommend you submit a support request - https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new - you won't necessarily get a human response for a few days,  but get that started now.  We're a (mainly) user-supported forum so I don't know what priorities Evernote place on synced items,  and it might be that the trash notebook is a low priority.  Differences in content is not a definite indication that your database has been hosed.

Database refreshes do exist - hold Ctrl and click on Help for an extended menu of magic spells.  But beware that rebuilding things can take hours or days (especially given your large database) and Bad Things Can Happen to your data if these options are misused.  1) get a backup of your database folder first and 2) get advice from support if you can wait.  I'd certainly suggest you wait until you get a stronger network connection before you get creative.

Also - since there are only 50 items in the trash on the web - why not delete those and sync;  then see what happens...

THX for the answer,

1. I just realized, that I posted that request in the wrong category, can I change that?

2. I sent a request to Evernotes ... hope for an answer. 

3. Extended Menue is new for me, THX! Will use it with care, I tried to repair the notes inside the trash .... now there is no error messages, but still all items are available 😉 

4. I deleted all 51 items in the web trash . .... they are also synced and deleted in the Windows app. But the rest of the 2.500 items are still available 😞

Today; i will be back in my home office with high speed internet, will reinstall Evernotes and download the database again. Hope that will fix that matter 

Archived