note text disappearing

Using W8.2 and evernote v 6.16 desktop version.  

I have 2 screens. I usually copy and paste from one screen into encrypted Evernotes on the other. Lately, if I click on the non Evernote screen the text in the evernote disappears and I have to click on the encryption icon (top left corner of the note) to get the text back. At least I do not have to re-type the encryption password. I hoped installing the latest version 6.16 would fix.    

• 2 weeks later...

WHAT THE HECK?????   This morning (28/11/2018) I was getting really bugged by this issue so I looked in here for replies. There were none so I started to re-word my question and had Evernote Desktop open on my left screen and this forum on the right. Wouldn't you know it ..... the problem has gone away.

The only clue I can think of is that this morning when I had a Note de-crypted and then clicked on a browser page on my right hand screen, the Note text disappeared but about half way down on its right hand side I noticed the word "Show" or "Hide" so I clicked it. All that I think that did was change the word from Show to Hide or vice versa . I cannot see either of those words now.

Anyway, this morning, because I had finished, I clicked File then  Exit and here I am 6 hours later, with Evernote working just fine, unable to reproduce the problem, thoroughly bewildered, and reporting my experience.  Now I'm off to take a Valium and have a lie down 😥 

Damnation!   The disappearance phenomenon happened again once just now but not since with several tries. The Hide or Show lies underneath the box surrounding the text. Clicking to change does nothing other than going from Hide to Change and vice versa.

I can live with it but when one is reading from one screen then looking to the other and the Evernote text disappears (PLUS when you do get it back you may have to scroll to where you were at again) it destroys my thought flow.

Archived