How to delete tags

chenno

Hi Chenno,

I am facing the same problem. I am not able to find where we can edit or delete tags which we don't need or have mistyped. There is an option to Delete from All notes (as shown in the image below) but it is always disabled.

313040169_Screenshotfrom2018-11-1709-54-35.thumb.png.8276b0d0d22a348c375f148f0de1f886.png

Temporary solution which I adopted was switching back to Evernote Web(old version) and make changes there and then revert back to new version..

Will ask customer support once I am able to get them in normal hours.

Regards,

RSingh

• Level 5*

Current web version, or beta?

In the current version: open the tag list by clicking on the tag icon in the left column. Find the tag you'ds looking for, and hover your mouse over it. To the right, some icons should appear. Hover over the trash can, you'll see the text "Delete tag" below. Click on the trash can icon, and you'll be asked whether you want to delete the tag.Select "yes".

In the beta version, I don't think that you can do it.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

The beta became the product but the problem is still there.

I was not able to rename a tag or delete an unused tag in the new version. I could not do it in Windows, or Android or web versions. My windows desktop evernote version was:

v 10.3.7 build 2018 public
Editor: v111.0.14414
Service: v1.22.6

I found a workaround: I installed a legacy version. I was able to delete and rename tags in it and I was able to use both, legacy and the latest version at the same time.