Change the color of selected text for better visibility

Hans Geurtsen

Idea

In one of the more recent releases of Evernote for Windows, apparently the color used to highlight selected text has been changed to a very light blue-ish color. It is very hard to distinguish this color from a white background. Please change this into a more birght color, providing more contrast with the background. 

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Hans Geurtsen said:

In one of the more recent releases of Evernote for Windows, apparently the color used to highlight selected text has been changed to a very light blue-ish color. It is very hard to distinguish this color from a white background. Please change this into a more birght color, providing more contrast with the background. 

Does yours look like the screen shot below?

ScreenClip.png.1f6a6fc73eec67e76c8e92103144fb8d.png

I'll agree with this.  The color of selected text is lighter blue than above and virtually invisible.  In any other app it's usually inverted blue text.  No idea what they were thinking.  

I would think it should be what you get when you click on a Menu header (I click on the 'Help' Menu and it's a bright blue).

• Like 1

I see this issue now after upgrading to Windows 10. I have already reinstalled Evernote to fix a DPI/scaling issue and my selected text highlighting is almost invisible to me. I have tried to change the default Windows settings with the registry editor but Evernote only uses those system settings for it's Tools->Options menu. Any way to increase the contrast of selected text in Evernote?

Yep, I've been on 6.11.2.7027 since this has never been addressed as far as I know since I reported it  No response from EN except it's in the list to be addressed.  I can't believe they don't get tons of complaints about it.

• Level 5
1 hour ago, nforgetter said:

WHY DON'T THEY FIX THIS?????

Your app is like a beta app.

YESSSS, you are so right.

They found no solution to this pressing problem (nothing posted here since May 2020, ZERO votes in favor ever). EN decided that only a drastic measure will solve it - so they released the new clients September - October 2020.

The app you yourself classify as a „beta“ is now called legacy, and deprecated. Problem solved …

Other options would be:

You didn’t even read the thread, and just wanted to place a piece of intellectual (well, sort of …) incontinence here.

You are just one of these people who spread disgust and hate wherever they go.

Pick your choice.

I agree very much. I have used Evernote long time but not anymore because labels without different colors is no option for me to organize my work and notes. So I changed to Google Keep. It is not so complete as evernote but I can organize with colors and that's more important than all other new options in evernote