Draw.io support

Jkili

Idea

I am using Evernote to store images created from draw.io where I put the file (XML) together with a image export of the image.

It would be great if the note could embed the draw.io web editor (giving Evernote image edit capabilities!) with a snapshot when you are not online and for performance reasons (i.e. just show image snapshot until note is opened for editing).

Seems like a relatively easy feature technically and would give Evernote diagramming capability (well, via draw.io).

Cheers.

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
20 hours ago, Jkili said:

Seems like a relatively easy feature technically

Hi.  Nice thought,  but draw.io seems to be a commercially available package whose current IP owners might be a tad upset if 225M new users (or any significant proportion thereof) start using it for free and deluging both Evernote and them with requests for help.  Plus it was developed without any regard for Evernote's current or future architecture and might be totally incompatible with any number or all of the versions currently available for several operating systems and their forks.

So while it might be possible to use Evernote as the repository for any document files generated by that app,  or use Evernote's Google Drive integration to use as an index to files stored there,  I don't see this being a viable option.

Draw.io could use Evernote's published API to include Evernote as a storage option so data can be stored there directly - maybe an approach to them might be fruitful...

I am not suggesting Evernote does it without coordinating with draw.io. If you look at their (Draw.io) business model then you can see that Evernote could work with them to enable this feature.

Let's see what Evernote dev thinks of it. I find it useful getting my drawings into evernote and seems like a miss to have to put PNGs/PDFs/XML in manually and keep updating everything whenever the images change. 

Thanks for the note, appreciated.

Archived