Can't select image in note

I use image selector extensions a lot in my web browser to select portions of webpages. (I prefer these extensions over the evernote webclipper) I then copy and paste them into my notes. Once they are there however,  I can't select them or copy/paste the image for later use elsewhere.

Sometimes, there is an image I am able to select, but the majority of them are not selectable. When I right click on it, the image turns blue, but I don't have the option to either copy, save, move, or resize the image.

Does anyone know why this is? A fix for this? Here's an image of what I mean below when it doesn't work.

screenshot image note.PNG

On 11/5/2018 at 7:18 PM, gazumped said:

Hi.  What's an " image selector extension" - haven't come across that term before.  Does it save JPG or PNG images?

It's a browser extension, where I click on it and I am allowed to select any part of a webpage and save as an image. What I usually do, is select the part I am 'clipping', right-click and select 'copy image'. Then I paste the image into my note. Sometimes, the images I put into my notes are selectable, but most other times, they are not. It's as though it doesn't recognize it as an image for some reason.

It saves in both PNG and JPG format.

This seems to be a limitation for me as well, although I get the images in by different means.  On Win 10 there's a snipping tool (screen capture), that I use when I want to copy the image to some other software.  Once in the snipper in can be saved to disk, or it's in the clipboard as well to simply paste somewhere else.  Ironically, before discovering the snipping tool I was using OneNote helper.  In my experience the Evernote screen capture can only capture to an Evernote note.  The OneNote helper is more global.  One of the few things they do better.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, elliemaybe said:

It's a browser extension

Hmmn.  Seems like they save a file that isn't compatible with Evernote - have you tried contacting their support?

20 minutes ago, Gear64 said:

Evernote screen capture can only capture to an Evernote note

YMMV,  but Evernote's screencap does exactly what it says on the can for me - all or any part of the visible screen.  If that includes a browser window and web content,  then that's what I get.  There are any number of apps (and a few browsers) available that will capture pictures or PDFs of websites or part thereof,  optionally including the non-visible portion(s) of the page.

Nimbus Screenshot is my usual choice if Clipper can't capture the elements I need.

10 hours ago, gazumped said:

YMMV,  but Evernote's screencap does exactly what it says on the can for me

Fair enough, it's just that I migrated from OneNote, but hung on to it in a sense just because of enhanced screen capture capabilities.  It's also nice that you can route to specific section/note.  I believe in Evernote, it's always to a new note.  Anyway the Snipping tool built into Win 10 satisfies the need.  It's just going from Evernote would be nice to simply copy/paste rather than screenshot a screenshot.

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, Gear64 said:

In my experience the Evernote screen capture can only capture to an Evernote note.  The OneNote helper is more global.  One of the few things they do better.

Not really true that Evernote screen capture (not the web clipper) can only capture to an Evernote note.. The Evernote screen capture for Windows can capture direct to Evernote, to the clipboard, or to a file on your desktop; note the instructions when you activate it: Click and drag to clip a portion of the screen. Click in a window to clip it. Press Ctrl or Shift to modify destination. By default, the clip goes into a new note in Evernote. If you hold down the Ctrl key while dragging a rectangle, or clicking in a window, the clip goes to the clipboard. If you hold down the Shift key while dragging a rectangle or clicking in a window, then the clip is written to a file on your desktop.

7 hours ago, jefito said:

Not really true that Evernote screen capture...

Nice, I suppose I should slow down and read the captions; and as former OneNote user accustomed to it asking where after the capture. Actually Evernote more streamlined when wanting a new note, and comparable when you want it somewhere else now that I now what Shift and Cntl do. Thanks.

Also, did something change about copy with latest update or so?  I could have sworn I've not been able to copy/paste images from Evernote in recent past. For instance copy from Evernote to email. Now if I click on image it has bold blue rectangle around it which seems new, and can be copied; however not inline though, it becomes an attachment.  Still now that I know the full capability of capture feature it's easy enough to get what I want.

• Level 5*
17 hours ago, Gear64 said:

did something change about copy with latest update or so?

Kinda - drag and drop was on holiday for a while and was only back an update or so ago.  That might have had a general effect on general copying and moving.

Archived