Login to web clipper

dbvirago

One thing I would love to see if possible. Can't the Windows client communicate with the web clipper so it know's your connected. I close my browser often and it's a pain having to log in to the clipper every time. I realize it's two different systems, but seems like the Win client could write a cookie or something to let the clipper know you are logged into the system already.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  One of those YMMV situations - I run the installed app in W10 and can't remember when I last logged into the clipper.  Somehow I seem to have the browser or the main app setup so that they're aware of the connection - so much so that on the odd occasion when I open a secondary account I'll find my clips going to that account rather than the main one.  I'm not sure what I did (or didn't) do to achieve that though,  so I'm afraid in this case I'm no help at all... :(

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I didn't get back to you earlier, my notifications seem to have stopped. What browser are you using? Currently, I'm using Opera. Browsers are another piece of software that seemed to think bigger is better. Got tired of Chrome hosing up resources, so I went to Firefox. It was better for a while, but with a dozen or so tabs open, it was just as bad. Opera does everything I need (except log into EN apparently) and rarely freezes or uses more than 2Gb of memory. Chrome would get into the 4-5Gb range after using it all day.

Edit: Just started Chrome and Firefox. Chrome had me logged into the clipper, FF did not. Guess I'll go dig into Opera settings and see if I can figure something out. 

• Level 5*
17 hours ago, dbvirago said:

Sorry, I didn't get back to you earlier, my notifications seem to have stopped. What browser are you using? Currently, I'm using Opera. Browsers are another piece of software that seemed to think bigger is better. Got tired of Chrome hosing up resources, so I went to Firefox. It was better for a while, but with a dozen or so tabs open, it was just as bad. Opera does everything I need (except log into EN apparently) and rarely freezes or uses more than 2Gb of memory. Chrome would get into the 4-5Gb range after using it all day.

Edit: Just started Chrome and Firefox. Chrome had me logged into the clipper, FF did not. Guess I'll go dig into Opera settings and see if I can figure something out. 

I've been using Brave Dev and Beta for a while now and they seem to maintain the clipper connection for me.  I started using Brave Dev or Beta because base Brave did not enable easy access to Clipper whereas they did (just like chrome).  Base Brave may have been updated for all I know.  I think @gazumped speaks highly of Vivaldi.

Archived