Web Clipper on Chrome Blocking SquareSpace Feature

Stacey Harmon

I've observed a extension incompatibility between the Web Clipper and SquareSpace that I wanted to report. Here is the situation:

I have a SquareSpace website. They have a feature where I can login to my SquareSpace website by going to my active website and clicking the Escape key (vs going to SquareSpace.com and having to login). This works for me in Fire Fox, but not in Chrome, unless I'm in incognito mode (then it works fine). If I turn off the Evernote Web Clipper, it DOES work in Chrome, and if I turn the Web Clipper back on, it stops working. So there is some incompatibility between the Evernote web clipper in Chrome and this SquareSpace login feature.

I have reported it to SquareSpace. They have logged it. They suggested that I also report it to you. So, here you go.

As a point of reference, I'm on a Mac and I'm also on the latest version of Chrome.

Also, it hasn't always been this way. I've been a customer of both SquareSpace and Evernote for years, and have successfully been able to log into SquareSpace using the Escape key in Chrome with the Web Clipper enabled. I don't know how long it hasn't been working though (it has been a while...I just haven't spent the time to figure out why my desired short cut was no longer working until today). If I had to take a wild guess as to when it broke, I'd guess when the Chrome web clipper went all wacky due to the Google changes and we lost the ability to save our preference of selecting a business account as our default clipped account (btw...will this feature ever be back????).

Archived