Jump to content

Error Message: Note is unavailable. Make sure you are online.


Recommended Posts

Hi there,

I am using EN 7.5.2. on my Mac. I occasionally get this error message: "Note is unavialable. Make sure you are online. / Try again.". This has been going on for a while (so it is not an issue just with 7.5.2). for one my connectivity outside of EN is excellent, which might indicate an intermittent issue with evernote's servers, but my key question is this: as my notes are or at least should be local on my mac why would the mac client refuse to show me a note even if it would have connectivity issues? it should always show me my notes, or am I missing something?

thanks,

lorenz

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post

Yup same question here! Been using this app for 10 years and never had a problemo till now. This is starting to kill my studio teams productivity. Why why why no note offline cached on desktop? 

....or am I missing something too?

Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 15.56.03.png

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

I see the message occasionally.
I know it's not an online issue.  If I was concerned, I'd check the Activity Log to get more details.

Link to post
  • Level 5*
29 minutes ago, Pat @ChildWatch said:

This is clearly not the case and my problem is that I cannot predict which notes I have on the desktop and other notes that I dont have.

Have you confirmed the note is not downloaded to your device?

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, Nick L. said:

This is most likely a bug that we think we corrected in 7.7 Beta 1. You can give it a try if you'd like here. Let me know if it helps! 

I encounter the bug in 7.7 Beta 1.
My situation is a script launching Evernote and running a full backup; the "Note is unavailable" message shows for a note.
I suspect Evernote is busy; I know I have a solid internet access, and a full copy of notes.
After the backup completes, I click on Try Again and the note loads

Link to post
  • 1 month later...
  • Level 5*
On 1/14/2019 at 2:01 AM, daverus said:

I've been using Evernote for many years (premium) and this is the first time I've experienced this problem (on android, Evernote version 8.8 beta1). No issues with my internet connection and all of my notes are set to Offline access. It seemed to be happening with only one of my notes, although, I have way too many notes to check them all.

I was finally able to access the note in question once I made a change & Sync'd it from my Windows machine.

Is this still a known issue?

Hi.  This is a Mac thread.  Please post in the Android forum.

Link to post
6 hours ago, gazumped said:

I've been using Evernote for many years (premium) and this is the first time I've experienced this problem (on android, Evernote version 8.8 beta1). No issues with my internet connection and all of my notes are set to Offline access. It seemed to be happening with only one of my notes, although, I have way too many notes to check them all.

I was finally able to access the note in question once I made a change & Sync'd it from my Windows machine.

Is this still a known issue?

Thank you gazumped, I have reposted under Android.

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello, 

I am having this same issue on macOS Mojave 10.14 (18A391) with Evernote 7.13 (458080 Direct)

Sometimes closing & re-opening Evernote or rebooting my computer helps for a little while, then it comes back with a vengeance.

This has become very inhibiting, thanks for any ideas or assistance you are able to provide.

Link to post
  • 4 weeks later...

Just ran into this issue yesterday.  Updated MacOS with latest security patch (Mojave 10.14.6), opened a shared note from a coworker and it was 'locked' saying I was only granted read-only access.  I verified via phone EN app and web interface that I still had full edit rights and after making an edit and then attempting to reopen on the Mac (v 7.13 - 458080 Direct) it has only displayed the "Note is unavailable. Make sure you are online" message. strangely enough when I open the note details it does show correct data about last update times for the note. 

I have completely uninstalled and removed all preference and other folders to do a clean install of EN and the results are identical.  This is a critical issue and massively impactful to my productivity. 

 

Any suggestions as to how to get back to a working state are tremendously appreciated!

Link to post
  • Level 5*
16 hours ago, kirkwood_bum said:

Just ran into this issue yesterday.  Updated MacOS with latest security patch (Mojave 10.14.6), opened a shared note from a coworker and it was 'locked' saying I was only granted read-only access.  I verified via phone EN app and web interface that I still had full edit rights and after making an edit and then attempting to reopen on the Mac (v 7.13 - 458080 Direct) it has only displayed the "Note is unavailable. Make sure you are online" message. strangely enough when I open the note details it does show correct data about last update times for the note. 

I have completely uninstalled and removed all preference and other folders to do a clean install of EN and the results are identical.  This is a critical issue and massively impactful to my productivity. 

 

Any suggestions as to how to get back to a working state are tremendously appreciated!

See 

Please don't cross post?

Link to post

I am also running into this issue on my MacBook Pro. Running Evernote 7.13; Mojave 10/14.6.  I can access the note via the web and my mobile devices (iPhone, iPad), but get the "Note is unavailable.  Make sure you are online" error on the desktop app.  Not a dealbreaker, but inconvenient.

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have not been able to get this issue resolved.  Have purged everything I could find off my Mac's harddrive related to Evernote to do a 'fresh' install but no matter what the shared notes still have this issue.  I keep checking for updates for the EN app but nothing has been released.  Using the Web interface for shared notes and EN app for my personal notes. 

Seems that noone from EN actually looks here because I'm guessing this problem is more prevent than just those who are making the effort to post here and if they were aware there would be some form of an official response. 

Link to post

Thanks for the pointer to the Beta build DTLow.  I tried running it without deleting / removing the standard release and unfortunately it didn't resolve the issue. I'm hoping to get time this afternoon to redo the through cleaning of all things EN off my Mac and a fresh launch of the beta. 

Link to post
  • 1 month later...
On 8/16/2019 at 10:53 AM, stanislav.vain said:

I have the same error on Mac Mojave v.10.14.6 and Evernote v.7.12

This issue happens only with one shared note.

However I can access this note on my iPhone and Windows Laptop. 

 

Unfortunately, updates do not fix this problem. I use v.7.14 now and still have the same problem. 

This is very annoying bug.

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

We're on our 4th copy of this particular note shared with 3 people total.  The problem continues so this is not a sustainable solution.

Like others, doesn't work on the mac app, does work on the browser of the same mac and my phone.  Very frustrating.

Link to post
  • Level 5

If it is on the browser and iPhone, it is on the server. For whatever reason it is not on your local database, from which the Mac client draws its input.

You can try to force a sync. To do this, hold down the alt/opt + shift keys before clicking on the sync symbol. This extended syncing option will try to resolve differences between server and local data base. Be aware that this may take a while, depending on the size of the EN account and the internet connection.

Link to post
  • Level 5*
4 hours ago, reports.gas@gmail.com said:

Im sorry im really dumb... Im on PC win 10. How can i do this force sync?  i have tried holding alt and shift then clicking sync but its still not syncing. 

Hi.  You're not dumb.  Simply clicking Sync is as much as you can do in Windows.  Unless you see a red "!" on the sync icon,  Windows thinks you're up to date.

It is possible to hold down Ctrl and click Help to see an extended series of options including Optimize Database and Recreate Search Index which can help update your local installation in some circumstances,  but make sure you backup your database (Copy the Databases folder to your desktop) first...

Link to post
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I also have the same problem, specifically with notes that have been shared with me. I can access them without a problem from my android phone but when I try to access them from my Mac (high sierra, 10.13.6) I get that "Note is unavailable" error every single time. This has gone on for months across multiple notes. I've tried re-signing into my evernote account, doing a hard sync, and having those notes reshared with me. What in the world is going on? Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks,

-Lauren

Link to post
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, Lauren Schwaar said:

Hello,

I also have the same problem, specifically with notes that have been shared with me. I can access them without a problem from my android phone but when I try to access them from my Mac (high sierra, 10.13.6) I get that "Note is unavailable" error every single time. This has gone on for months across multiple notes. I've tried re-signing into my evernote account, doing a hard sync, and having those notes reshared with me. What in the world is going on? Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks,

-Lauren

Hi.  As you're a subscriber,  try reaching out to Support.  They're a little busy (!) with the recent iOS client release but you may be able to get some suggestions there.  

Link to post
  • Level 5

Maybe it has to do with the share. When the note shared has been deleted or moved by the guy who shared it with you, you may have a link to the note in local memory, but not the note itself. And then this message can pop up.

If you can still ask the person who shared, maybe you can ask about this, just to learn if this is the case or not.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...