HUGE problems moving notes back to Evernote from Bear

Hi -

I tried Bear for a year. Like it, but there's still no way to share groups of notes, and looks like the Bear devs are not planning on this any time soon. So back to Evernote. Or so I thought.

One of the reasons I switched to Bear was because I though it was easier to get things out in comparison to Evernote. WRONG. So very wrong. 

Turns out that no form of export from Bear or drag and drop into Evernote brings photos and other attachments in as anything other than a link back to the Bear note.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Because now I am looking at possibly having to reconstruct/ re-clip hundreds and hundreds of notes. 

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for asking. Alas, I have no experience, but I was just looking at Bear vs Evernote. I've been a loyalist ever since EN began (when you couldn't even pay them anything), but my tiny little 128gb hard drive is suffering from my eHoarding compulsions, so I've been considering other options.

Having read your question, I'm thinking I'm sticking with the big elephant.

Good luck and if I run across an answer, I'll come back and share the link.

xoxo

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't know if you solved this, but I experimented with Bear and came to the same conclusion you did. I ended up on Notion as a replacement, btw.

Here's how I moved my notes from Bear to Evernote when I decided Bear wasn't ready for prime time. 

I selected the notes I needed to move, and exported them as HTML files. Opened EN, and dragged the HTML files into a folder in EN. Evernote won't let you import from the File > Import menu, except for .enex files, but if you drag the HTML file into a folder it will read it and import it. Everything came across for me.

If you have images/attachments in Bear, you have to remember to click the "Export Attachments" option when exporting the notes. That will create a folder for your attachments, Evernote will follow the links in HTML to import them.

• 2 years later...
On 12/6/2018 at 8:21 AM, stephen_bradley said:

Don't know if you solved this, but I experimented with Bear and came to the same conclusion you did. I ended up on Notion as a replacement, btw.

Here's how I moved my notes from Bear to Evernote when I decided Bear wasn't ready for prime time. 

I selected the notes I needed to move, and exported them as HTML files. Opened EN, and dragged the HTML files into a folder in EN. Evernote won't let you import from the File > Import menu, except for .enex files, but if you drag the HTML file into a folder it will read it and import it. Everything came across for me.

If you have images/attachments in Bear, you have to remember to click the "Export Attachments" option when exporting the notes. That will create a folder for your attachments, Evernote will follow the links in HTML to import them.

That may have worked in the past. I  just tried this with Evernote 10.5 for Mac. it creates a blank note and includes the Bear note as a file attachment. No images. 

On 1/1/2021 at 4:23 PM, PinkElephant said:

In this case I would try the import using legacy. After you imported the notes into legacy and had them sync with the server, you can resync them with the v10-client. 

That worked, thanks! Evernote will be a truly great app when it gets markdown support and the v10 client back up to snuff. 

I know people would love to get the ability to automate tasks with  Applescript back as well.

• Like 1