Notebook inside a notebook

Hi all

I wonder if there a solution to my thinking.

Let says I have a notebook called 'University'
In that note I have some other notebooks/stacks called '1 term', '2 term' and '3 term'

My question is: Is it possible to create a stack inside the 1 term notebook so I can have for instance a  'English course' and inside the English course have others named for instance '1 course: Shakespeare' '2 course: Goodwin' and so on. 

UNIVERSITY
- 1 term
     - English course
           - Shakespeare 
           - Goodwin 

Kind regards,
Nicolaj

• Level 5*
17 hours ago, Nicolaj Sveiger said:

My question is: Is it possible to create a stack inside the 1 term notebook so I can have for instance a  'English course' and inside the English course have others named for instance '1 course: Shakespeare' '2 course: Goodwin' and so on. 

As you found out, no hierarchy is supported for the Notebook field
The best you can do is a collection of notebooks in a Stack.

Does the name have to be "Notebook", or would a different name be acceptable.1494868299_ScreenShot2018-10-31at07_11_15.png.6f64e53312a2107edaed651fcf0a7c00.png
Evernote provides two fields for organization; Notebooks and Tags

The screenshot shows your hierarchy using the Tags field

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Nicolaj Sveiger said:

Sadly, the tag solution was the one I was trying to avoid.

What's the problem with this solution.  I'm seeing it delivers the hierarchy you asked for.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Nicolaj Sveiger said:

I can still not sort my notes in folders. So when I see my notes, they are just in one big folder. 

That's  true; Evernote does  not support "folders".  Notes are simply stored in the database.

For "sorting"/organization, Evernote provides metadata fields; Notebooks and Tags

Did you notice the tree hierarchy I posted above.
This was using the Tag feature.  A similar tree can be used for Notebooks, but it only has 2  levels.

Archived