A NOTE IS COMPLETELY GONE!

It is the first time (that I am aware of) that a note has completely disappeared, like if it never existed, a note that I use a lot.

The good thing is that the note was not important, it contained and excel xlsm that I execute manually every time I startup windows to kill laggy programs. One of its main keywords was killlllllll (unique through all my 15k notes) and now "killl" does not gives any results. I have look up in the trash and in the web and I just don't feel like contacting evernote because no one could ever fix the fact that a note has disappeared, vanished from “ever”note, and no, I did not accidentally deleted it or even worse delete it from trash after first delete.

This time I was lucky I could retrieve the file by going to my garbage in windows because I empty many times the evernote temporary folder and thanks to that I had a dirty backup of the file. The thing is that this particular file was not really important but I do have really important notes and now I don’t feel save because it could happen to any of those, and when this happens don't you ever think you are able to go to history note because for that you need the original note and, my friends, believe me or not, it can happen, it just happened to me randomly and it could have been something way more valuable so from now on my trust in evernote has decreased a lot because it acts likewise its own name, it has evaporated a note that is not ever anymore.

I am way too into evernote to easily scape but it is really important to have a more secure backup of your information that this great evernote that is so great until it magically delete a not without warning and there is no way to get it back, ever, from ever note.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, exceles said:

...it is really important to have a more secure backup of your information ..

I maintain personal data backups; html exports, daily incremental and weekly full.
I haven't lost any data in Evernote, but I am prepared for recovery if necessary.

>> note has completely disappeared, like if it never existed

You can search the Activity Log to check for activity with the note.

btw  Was the note assigned to a Local Notebook?

I don't have a local notebook and the  activity log under (help / activity log in windows) only shows activity for today and note has been gone for days because it is also missing in my laptop that I sync once a week and last time I used the note was like 2 weeks ago that is last time I restarted my computer...  Unbelievable that a note magically disappeared, can not still believe it, so stupid the idea of a note disappearing in evernote xD. Like if I say now that the world is flat.

I am not a power user so I have no idea why this happened-  but coincidently last night i tried to find a note I created a few month ago (to id fuses in my electric panel).   Thought I must have been imagining doing the note, but daughter helped input the data into it and we had used the note a couple times after that.  Now just gone.   Not an important note, but a little worrisome.  

You know what would be really usefull? A evernote historial where you could see what I have searched and the inmediate note I open right after I search it. And a counter or something, in that case, evernote could easily see I have searched like 200 times the word "killllll" and see the only note attached to it I always open after the search and the chances to loose a note would decrease considerally. 

Ok, it does not happen often, but if it happens how do you get it? is a riddle. The historial thing I just explained would save lots of trouble by linking a frequently searches to the notes you use the most... or something like that but  xD, .... whatever.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, exceles said:

You know what would be really usefull? A evernote historial where you could see what I have searched and the inmediate note I open right after I search it. And a counter or something, in that case, evernote could easily see I have searched like 200 times the word "killllll" and see the only note attached to it I always open after the search and the chances to loose a note would decrease considerally. 

Ok, it does not happen often, but if it happens how do you get it? is a riddle. The historial thing I just explained would save lots of trouble by linking a frequently searches to the notes you use the most... or something like that but  xD, .... whatever.

Uh, create a saved search?

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, exceles said:

You know what would be really usefull? A evernote historial where you could see what I have searched and the inmediate note I open right after I search it.

Evernote does retain your search history. You can access it using the History icons in the toolbar (you'll need to add them if they're not there already). If you put your mouse over the left arrow (go back in  history) and how down the left mouse button, you'll get a dropdown menu that shows the last 10 searches. Click on the last one to go to that search, and from there, if you repeat, you can scan back through your search history, 10 searches at a time. A bit tedious, I understand; it would be helpful if you could access the whol elist.

• Level 5*
25 minutes ago, jefito said:

Evernote does retain your search history. You can access it using the History icons in the toolbar (you'll need to add them if they're not there already). If you put your mouse over the left arrow (go back in  history) and how down the left mouse button, you'll get a dropdown menu that shows the last 10 searches. Click on the last one to go to that search, and from there, if you repeat, you can scan back through your search history, 10 searches at a time. A bit tedious, I understand; it would be helpful if you could access the whol elist.

And Ctrl-Q will display your last five text searches which can be useful in addition to notes visited using the history icons.

• Level 5
2 hours ago, jefito said:

Thanks for this, Jeff! Another Evernote trick I didn't know.

Archived