Suddenly the Chrome Clipper will not fully save

IncrediMetaBeta

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, IncrediMetaBeta said:

Suddenly everything, regardless of site will not fully save. It reaches some limit, e.g. 33% or 89%, and just keeps spinning but never reaches 100% much less syncs fully.

https://status.evernote.com says everything's working,  and @EvernoteHelps doesn't have anything showing - have you tried the usual restarts / different browsers?

• 1 month later...
On 10/28/2018 at 2:27 AM, IncrediMetaBeta said:

Suddenly everything, regardless of site will not fully save. It reaches some limit, e.g. 33% or 89%, and just keeps spinning but never reaches 100% much less syncs fully.

I side-stepped this issue by switching 5 weeks ago to Opera, which resolved the Chrome Web Clipper not saving.  Perhaps the failure-to-clip arose because of some Chrome update?

Now, Web Clipper in Opera will no longer save Google Search Page results, which is more than an inconvenience. 

What to do? I know there are other browsers, like Brave.  And I'm grateful for Gazumped's earlier advice to try a different browser. 

But I'm saddened that the Web Clipper product cannot simply be made to work, and that users have to resort to work-arounds for a product so central to Evernote's capabilities.  Am I being naive?  Why can't Web Clipper be fixed with all deliberate speed and company updates posted to notify members of the status of the problem and fix? Perhaps I am being unrealistic? 

I welcome any comments or advice, whether for a work-around, or an "attitude-adjustment" or something else.

Ever since the late 1890s, when T. Edison and I used to smoke cigars in his study and contemplate the promising future of direct current power plants; ever since then I'm just reminded of my old mantra, "I aspire to be a user."

Archived