how to paste into a note and continue in previous format?

ok this is driving me insane and it's slowly become a deal breaker for me. have had evernotes on premium for years.

this *must* happen to thousand of other people too so hopefully this is a duplicate.

issue:

I go type type type, switch to sql ide, copy, switch to evernote, paste (pasted content keeps nice sql formatting) and then I continue typing IN SQL FORMAT... is there ANY setting that pasted content keeps it's formatting and allows me to keep typing in previous format? keyboard shortcut is fine but nothing I can only do through clicking. I hate hate hate using mouse or trackpad, it just steals too much time

let me know if not clear and I'll attach a gif.

thanks.

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you paste text (or tables,  or pictures) at the end of a note,  the object or the formatting is 'pegged' at that point.  If you create 5 blank lines and paste in line 3,  the original formatting is preserved,  and there's a space to continue the same format. 

Too much hassle to hit <return> 5 times before pasting?  On my Windows laptop I use a text expander (Phrase Express) to replace abbreviations with long sections of standard text,  and insert variables like the current date.  It will also insert 5 blank lines for me with one keystroke and leave the cursor at line 3.  It hadn't occurred to me until now,  but it could probably also paste the clipboard contents at that location if I added a few extra commands...

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/4/2018 at 7:32 AM, gazumped said:

Too much hassle to hit <return> 5 times before pasting? 

yes, that has been my workaround since ever, but I frequently go back into a list, paste something and then at an absolutely bare minimum, I want to press enter, which creates a new bullet and then it should def not keep the formatting but it does.. I can't go into a list and create 5 bullets so I can use it later to paste something just to keep formatting.. it's just a major hassle and there should be a shortcut, like if I paste code on slack, I use 3 backticks.. something like that.. I never have to "click" left in slack.. everytime I switch to evernote, my productivity drops because I now need to spend energy getting the format right and keep format in note but I really just want to switch to evernote, quickly paste and forget about it, not spending another 5 seconds dealing with format issues... yes, 5 seconds or 5 clicks by it self is a not a lot but it accumulates over the day

so in short, there is nothing evernote supports other than the "adding extra special whitespace for later use" workaround?

Archived