We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×
Flowstyleliving

iOS Indent Is Tiresome to Get to

On Android, it’s right on the bar above the keyboard, for iOS, I have to go into the little font setting...

I know it’s small, but as someone that uses lists often, it can get tedious...

What do others think? Should I request it as a feature to at least have the option?

Best,

@flowstyeliving

• Like 2

Agreed. It is similarly difficult to get to on the Mac. In fact, there is no button anywhere. You have to use Shift+CMD+ALT+Hold-your-finger-to-your-nose+Turn-counter-clockwise-twice+[] keys or something like that.

I gave up even trying to find this hidden feature in iOS yesterday at a meeting and took notes in OneNote, which as the indent/outdent button right on the toolbar on my iPhone.

5 hours ago, EdH said:

You have to use Shift+CMD+ALT+Hold-your-finger-to-your-nose+Turn-counter-clockwise-twice+[] keys or something like that.

Could you post a video of yourself doing this ?

(ROTFL) 😱😮😎😂🤣😂

On 3/24/2019 at 9:50 AM, EdH said:

Agreed. It is similarly difficult to get to on the Mac. In fact, there is no button anywhere. You have to use Shift+CMD+ALT+Hold-your-finger-to-your-nose+Turn-counter-clockwise-twice+[] keys or something like that.

On Mac you can just use Tab and Shift-Tab to indent/un-indent. You can select multiple lines and bulk indent/un-indent as well.

You can start new bullet point lists by typing "*:space:". For numbered lists "1.:space:". I believe these works on iOS too (I think there is a setting to enable/disable them though).

I don't know of a way to easily indent/un-indent on iOS without an external keyboard though.

Wow, I'm seriously late to join the party. I finally get fed up so much that I thought I should look in the forum. It's great to see that I did not miss "the obvious" (which has happened before), and at least Flowstyleliving's mention of the font-settings gives a way to access it on iOS, too . But it's really frustrating to see how looooooooooong it takes to get a reasonable action. (I saw the posts mentioning indent vs. strikethrough and totally agree. Hey, it could made a configureable setting if EN do not want to pass off the fans of strikethrough ;-)