(Archived) Premium Feature Needed

Hi Guys

I know you don't like ideas from the Forum from your Premium customers but let me throw this into the pot so you guys can pretend it is an Evernote idea.

I ain't that bothered if you do just want to see if it is possible. Can we have a feature so if we need to look for duplicate notes we can auto check and delete or keep.

I ask this because i had a major error with your servers a few months ago when i was transferring to new O?S and during a big sync your set up went down. I had partially doen some notes but i did have a backup. I was not sure what i had and had not got your technical help desk told me to import which i did. It worked fine but i have 2289 notes in an imported folder. I think expecting a premium user to go to go through all of these to check if i have or have not got them is a bit much.

Many apps have a duplicate finder facility you guys don't seem to think it would be useful NOT SURE WHY. But I take it from your Podcasts with your we couldn't give a s**t about users idea unless your blowing smoke up our a** or they are from Japan you probably wont do this. But if I let you have the idea will you please think about it and in your RD meetings one of you come up with it:)

Love Your Podcasts Really

Dale

I ask this because i had a major error with your servers a few months ago when i was transferring to new O?S and during a big sync your set up went down. I had partially doen some notes but i did have a backup. I was not sure what i had

A reasonable person would have either continued the sync or restarted from the backup, even if it did take some extra time on their part, just to make sure everything was ok. Actually, a reasonable person would have had a current backup from the old OS & simply copied the file to the new computer or restored from that backup after reinstalling EN on the new OS. Quick & painless & no downloading/syncing involved. And if the EN servers did muff up, it would not have had any impact on your data restore at all.

But of course, it's much easier to blame someone else when you muff up.

Now now don't go all defensive I fully admit it was partially error but I do have an email telling me to do this !!!!

But i am not here to blame or be insulted as a customer.

I was trying to suggest in a light hearted way a suggestion errr a bit like your Podcasts sound light hearted with humour. But I see you operation having a complete sense of humour bypass was 100% successfully.

Sorry for my suggestion I see your success has tuned my initial humorous remarks into reality.

My apologies again

Mr Paying Customer

But i am not here to blame or be insulted as a customer.

I'm not affiliated with EN. And yes, it's apparent you're either here to blame/insult or troll. Either way, if you had a recent backup & simply restored from that, there would have been no problem & therefore no reason to find someone to blame.

Carry on.

Just a quick query why are you replying to questions which is directed at the team at EN? If you are not an employee why would you stick your nose into this query.

Before you start to preach to me on Forum ethos and it concepts. My question is aimed at EN R&D staff!

You are no doubt a want a wannabe EN staff member but i guess they would not let you anywhere near a customer service desk due to you attitude and lack of humour gene.

It is a shame as your knowledge is vast and helpful but you need to extract your head from the EN world and have a laugh every now and then:)

Keep up the hard work as I said your knowledge is vast and helpful and i bet your a nice guy if you really want to be

• Level 5*

This is a user forum, and it's open, so pretty much anyone who wishes to comment can do so. If you need support, then you should file a support request.

By the way, BurgersNFries is not a guy, though she is very knowledgeable and helpful. Also, you should be aware that humor may not come across very well in forum posts -- I can't say that I caught it either.

~Jeff

• Level 5

The Evernote staff are amazingly helpful, and understandably polite to users and potential users.

However, sometimes a question requires a more direct and blunt response, especially when the original question starts off with: "I know you don't like ideas from the Forum from your Premium customers but.."

then throw more fuel on the fire with: "Many apps have a duplicate finder facility you guys don't seem to think it would be useful NOT SURE WHY."

and then the final insult: "But I take it from your Podcasts with your we couldn't give a s**t about users idea unless your blowing smoke up our a** or they are from Japan you probably wont do this."

Yeah, I'd say a forceful response is needed.

Yep I agree with you guys it has come across wrong and I need to book myself into a behaviour clinic. Nice to see you extract what i said to make it look worse and missed out the other sentences which merge and infuse the humour. But i apologise if I upset you guys and girls don't want the forum EN mafia after me.

Generally, if you have identical notes, then you can usually find them pretty easily if you show the "List View" in your client and then sort on the note title or the note size. Genuinely identical notes will be right next to each other on the list, so you can find and remove them as you quickly skim down the list.

Thanks for the suggestion about a possible future feature, however.

• 3 weeks later...

Can I second this request for a duplicate item finder?

My current workflow frequently involves posting lots of different items to Evernote and I often find I'm adding something that already exists in the database.

Ideally I'd like to have the option to:

1. Warn me the note already exists

2. Offer me the opportunity to update the xisting note

3. Search the entire database for duplicate items

Many thanks

Archived