Attaching a Text Document - Resulted in Pasting Text - Is that Normal?

I'm running EN version 6.15.4.7934 (307934) Public (CE Build ce-53.4.6770), on a Windows 10, 64-bit laptop.

Normally attaching a document e.g. MS Word/Excel/PPT or a PDF, or video/audio file (the usual suspects) is easy and straight forward.

But just then I tried to 'attach', and I also tried 'dragging', a Text Document created in Notepad on PC, to an EN Note and instead of attaching the file, it pasted the contents, the text, straight into the note!?

Is that normal?

cheers

• Level 5*

This has been discussed before.  Apparently Evernote/Widows imports the .txt file into the note format.

One solution is to rename the extension before importing, then rename it back to .txt  within the note.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, RavBoy said:

I'm running EN version 6.15.4.7934 (307934) Public (CE Build ce-53.4.6770), on a Windows 10, 64-bit laptop.

Normally attaching a document e.g. MS Word/Excel/PPT or a PDF, or video/audio file (the usual suspects) is easy and straight forward.

But just then I tried to 'attach', and I also tried 'dragging', a Text Document created in Notepad on PC, to an EN Note and instead of attaching the file, it pasted the contents, the text, straight into the note!?

Is that normal?

cheers

Press the Shift key when dragging the document into EN and an attachment will be created in the note.

Archived