Does Evernote have any fact-checking features?

Hi Evernote Users and the amazing Evernote Team,

I am Eddie, an Evernote Basic User, and have been using this wonderful productivity application for a while (exactly 5 days since 19th October).

I have an insightful question about the Evernote Search Engine within notes, it is:

Does Evernote have any fact-checking features to verify the level of accuracy of information written or stored in a single note?

I think that if this feature has already existed, it would help the search feature a lot (for instance, if there is any mistyped information or any typos, the fact-checker may suggest the user/writer to reconsider making it correct). 

To be more specific, please take this Evernote video as an example:

When I watched this video College Success with Evernote: Take Notes (https://youtu.be/4wXfiAmTV10?t=13) :

• From the second 6 to 8, the professor writes on the white board the atmospheric components of Mars: 95% Carbon Dioxide, 3% Nitrogen and about 1.6% Argon (the sum is about 99.6%; almost 100%).
  • However, the male student taking notes with his iPad miswrites one piece of the information given above (from the second 13 to 14): Ninety five percent carbon dioxide, 5% (FIVE percent) nitrogen and Nearly two percent argon; which all sum up to be more than 100% (NOT TRUE about this kind of percentage!) 

Please advise me on this kind of common situation.

I hope I have made my points and my question clear and am looking forward to hearing from you, the Evernote Users and Team, soon.

Cheers,

Eddie

P.S.

Furthermore, if I have a note about Mars' atmospheric components like the student above and when I search for the percentage like ’95%’ (instead of ’ninety five percent’), it will result in ‘No Notes Found’.

• Do you have any suggestions for this kind of search? 
  • Additionally, how should I properly use Evernote Search for pieces of mathematical/technical information like the above as well as add them into my notes?
  • Level 5*
On 10/24/2018 at 1:09 AM, Eddie Nguyen said:

Does Evernote have any fact-checking features to verify the level of accuracy of information written or stored in a single note?

You might look into the Context feature https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209004707-How-Context-enhances-your-notes

I can also  highlight a  phrase and click on Lockup for a web search (Mac/iPad)

When taking notes, I also rely on audio recordings and camera captures.

On 10/24/2018 at 11:50 PM, DTLow said:

You might look into the Context feature https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209004707-How-Context-enhances-your-notes

I can also  highlight a  phrase anc click on Lockup for a web search (Mac/iPad)

When taking notes, I also rely on audio recordings and camera captures.

Hi DTLow,

thank you so much for your supportive reply. It has been a week since I read your answer and am making some deep searches for my questions above.

As I have been doing a research on Evernote as a Premium User such as the advanced search syntax/engine, I have not found any better solutions than your suggestions yet to make a good comment.

The Context features like relevant notes might help me better structure my notes and connect related ideas; however, the Wall Street Journal (WSJ) and Nikkei Inc. are the only two available sources of information that I could use as references (the WSJ is not working in conjunction with Evernote Premium in my case now and Nikkei is totally in Japanese, which are not so useful). Looking up for a web search, as you suggested, may be considered a much more realistic way to check the level of accuracy of written materials.

Additionally, could you please explain more about relying on audio recordings and camera captures regarding the fact-checking feature?

On the other hand, would you mind advising me on the next two questions, one about 'percentage' and one about technical/mathematical input?

Thank you, DTLow.

Cheers,

Eddie

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Eddie Nguyen said:

Additionally, could you please explain more about relying on audio recordings and camera captures regarding the fact-checking feature?

Evernote has a audio recording feature but for Note Taking, I use the Notability app on my ipad.  I turn on the recording when the event starts.  Playback is sync'd to my notes.  I store the notes in Evernote in pdf and native form.

Whenever possible, I add photos to my notes.  If there are notes on a whiteboard, I take a picture.  If there are paper handouts, I take a picture (scan)

>>On the other hand, would you mind advising me on the next two questions, one about 'percentage' and one about technical/mathematical input?

Evernote's search feature has a restriction in that all special symbols like % are ignored.
For my use, I'm using a Mac and do such searches ouside of Evernote.

I use the Evernote editor for basic notes, but I use external editots for serious work.  I mentioned Notability on my ipad.  Also word processing and spreadsheet apps.  
Notes can contain files of any format.

On 10/30/2018 at 5:59 PM, DTLow said:

Evernote has a audio recording feature but for Note Taking, I use the Notability app on my ipad.  I turn on the recording when the event starts.  Playback is sync'd to my notes.  I store the notes in Evernote in pdf and native form.

Whenever possible, I add photos to my notes.  If there are notes on a whiteboard, I take a picture.  If there are paper handouts, I take a picture (scan)

>>On the other hand, would you mind advising me on the next two questions, one about 'percentage' and one about technical/mathematical input?

Evernote's search feature has a restriction in that all special symbols like % are ignored.
For my use, I'm using a Mac and do such searches ouside of Evernote.

I use the Evernote editor for basic notes, but I use external editots for serious work.  I mentioned Notability on my ipad.  Also word processing and spreadsheet apps.  
Notes can contain files of any format.

Thank you so much, DTLow, for your great response and sharing.

I hope to get back to you soon on other issues regarding experiencing the Evernote world.

Cheers, 

Eddie

Archived