Aratus

2 devices

I'm not sure about that. If that's what it was, the problem should not have re-occurred a month later, when I once again synced my phone to my computer.
I haven't tried syncing the phone since then. Will have to run an experiment to see what happens...

Hi all, this is happening to me too. I only use Evernote on my (one) iPhone and laptop and it frequently tells me I need to unsync a third device (it shows two iphones and a laptop). I just ignore it for the most part because it would only happen once or twice a month and I was usually left with enough unsyncs that I could still access my account by the end of the month. Well, no longer. I was locked out of my notes last month because I had to unsync "one of my iPhones." I waited until today (the first of the month) and I have already gotten the "you must unsync a device" TWICE. On the first of the month!! It is outrageous that I can't even contact support if I am on the free version. Does anyone know of how I might be able to contact them? From reading this thread it appears that's the only way people are solving this problem.

I have not been following this forum regularly.  However, when I had this problem a year or more ago, I solved it by changing my Evernote login password.  The problem has not re-occured for me since then.

Good luck!

Bob

• Like 1

1 hour ago, annies said:

Hi all, this is happening to me too. I only use Evernote on my (one) iPhone and laptop and it frequently tells me I need to unsync a third device (it shows two iphones and a laptop). I just ignore it for the most part because it would only happen once or twice a month and I was usually left with enough unsyncs that I could still access my account by the end of the month. Well, no longer. I was locked out of my notes last month because I had to unsync "one of my iPhones." I waited until today (the first of the month) and I have already gotten the "you must unsync a device" TWICE. On the first of the month!! It is outrageous that I can't even contact support if I am on the free version. Does anyone know of how I might be able to contact them? From reading this thread it appears that's the only way people are solving this problem.

This is a problem that has occurred many times when a bad guy has stolen an Evernote password from some other site. It usually happens when people use the same password for multiple sites and services, and when it gets stolen from one it can be used to hack into the others. The symptom is always that an "iPhone" (which is likely a spoof in itself) has synced to your account. They are looking in your notes for stuff that is worth stealing. As @Idahobob said, change your password ASAP, and use something that is unique to your Evernote account. Consider setting up 2-factor authentication for greater security also.

3 hours ago, annies said:

... It is outrageous that I can't even contact support if I am on the free version. ...

Real support means real people sitting there, answering your questions. These people cost real money.

Can you explain why there must be a personal support for you as long as you are not willing to contribute ? It is not more than a cup of "to go" per month, and you would be in. If you do not even value the service you get that much - why should somebody set up support for you ?

Just from one user to another ...

• Like 1

@eric_treelight @annies If you go to access history (Evernote Web), you’ll probably see devices and IP address from a country different than you. These are hackers accessing your account. Once I changed my password to a strong, unique one and revoked access to ALL DEVICES simultaneously, I haven’t had weird devices locking me out. 

I know you’re extremely frustrated — I was — this should resolve the issue. 

• Like 2