2 devices

Aratus

Idea

I have 2 devices using Evernote, Mac OS and iOS. 

Recently whenever I sign in to Evernote on iOS it tells me I have 3 devices and I need to deactivate one of them. My iOS device is listed twice.

So I deactivate one of them and in a few hours I have to do the same again.

Any ideas?

• Like 1

Hi all, this is happening to me too. I only use Evernote on my (one) iPhone and laptop and it frequently tells me I need to unsync a third device (it shows two iphones and a laptop). I just ignore it for the most part because it would only happen once or twice a month and I was usually left with enough unsyncs that I could still access my account by the end of the month. Well, no longer. I was locked out of my notes last month because I had to unsync "one of my iPhones." I waited until today (the first of the month) and I have already gotten the "you must unsync a device" TWICE. On the first of the month!! It is outrageous that I can't even contact support if I am on the free version. Does anyone know of how I might be able to contact them? From reading this thread it appears that's the only way people are solving this problem.

I have not been following this forum regularly.  However, when I had this problem a year or more ago, I solved it by changing my Evernote login password.  The problem has not re-occured for me since then.

Good luck!

Bob

• Like 1
  • Level 5
1 hour ago, annies said:

Hi all, this is happening to me too. I only use Evernote on my (one) iPhone and laptop and it frequently tells me I need to unsync a third device (it shows two iphones and a laptop). I just ignore it for the most part because it would only happen once or twice a month and I was usually left with enough unsyncs that I could still access my account by the end of the month. Well, no longer. I was locked out of my notes last month because I had to unsync "one of my iPhones." I waited until today (the first of the month) and I have already gotten the "you must unsync a device" TWICE. On the first of the month!! It is outrageous that I can't even contact support if I am on the free version. Does anyone know of how I might be able to contact them? From reading this thread it appears that's the only way people are solving this problem.

This is a problem that has occurred many times when a bad guy has stolen an Evernote password from some other site. It usually happens when people use the same password for multiple sites and services, and when it gets stolen from one it can be used to hack into the others. The symptom is always that an "iPhone" (which is likely a spoof in itself) has synced to your account. They are looking in your notes for stuff that is worth stealing. As @Idahobob said, change your password ASAP, and use something that is unique to your Evernote account. Consider setting up 2-factor authentication for greater security also.

• Level 5
3 hours ago, annies said:

... It is outrageous that I can't even contact support if I am on the free version. ...

Real support means real people sitting there, answering your questions. These people cost real money.

Can you explain why there must be a personal support for you as long as you are not willing to contribute ? It is not more than a cup of "to go" per month, and you would be in. If you do not even value the service you get that much - why should somebody set up support for you ?

Just from one user to another ...

• Like 2

@eric_treelight @annies If you go to access history (Evernote Web), you’ll probably see devices and IP address from a country different than you. These are hackers accessing your account. Once I changed my password to a strong, unique one and revoked access to ALL DEVICES simultaneously, I haven’t had weird devices locking me out. 

I know you’re extremely frustrated — I was — this should resolve the issue. 

• Like 2

I have been hacked in September:

• 09/14/2020 - 77.39.19.102 (Stavropol', Russian Federation)

09/21/2020 - 217.165.11.198 (Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates)

• 10/13/2020 - 185.189.102.241 (Dagestan, Russian Federation)

All the nice regions, I put two step verification, change pswd and I also think about deleting my account. What should I do? 

14 hours ago, lukas.adamcik1@gmail.com said:

I have been hacked in September:

• I put two step verification, change pswd and I also think about deleting my account. What should I do? 

Don't forget to "Revoke access to ALL devices" so each device will have to sign in again. Any hackers who are currently signed in will be booted out.

• Like 1
On 10/17/2020 at 2:41 AM, lukas.adamcik1@gmail.com said:

Yes I have revoked the access to all devices except my phone. But the app started to work strangely. It shows that there is no internet although I have internet connection. 

Thanks Jeshi. 

Have you done the standard: turn-on-airplane-mode, wait 15 seconds, turn off airplane mode? Restart phone? Check wifi and cellular signal strength?

I continue to have this issue. There  is a 2 device limit now with the browser also being treated as a separate device. I have my 2 devices set to my iPad and Mac, first I got a notification that I need to unsync and then I was able to use the iPad, when I went to my mac I was asked to sign in and then get a pop up asking me to change it once more. I wish there was a way to view my current active device list without  a forced change to the same list of devices before the tries are exhausted and evernote is unusable on any device.

Someone else still having this issue in 2021? I only own 2 devices, an iPhone and a Laptop, and Evernote keeps saying me I can only use 2 devices (which is what I'm doing, just using them 2) but still shows my iPhone as duplicate, today, evernote logged me off automatically because I've change the devices 2 times on this month! (trying to fix this) It is awfull :( I can not login on any device now and looks like I will need to wait untill next month?

16 hours ago, inakundo said:

Someone else still having this issue in 2021? I only own 2 devices, an iPhone and a Laptop, and Evernote keeps saying me I can only use 2 devices (which is what I'm doing, just using them 2) but still shows my iPhone as duplicate, today, evernote logged me off automatically because I've change the devices 2 times on this month! (trying to fix this) It is awfull :( I can not login on any device now and looks like I will need to wait untill next month?

Open a support ticket or tag an admin here to reset your limit and revoke your devices. Once you log into your first device, IMMEDIATELY change your password. Usually, when people get this error it is because someone else is logging into your account. It’s possible you tried to use the web version (which counts as a device), but I’d change password to be safe. 

3 hours ago, Jeshi said:

Open a support ticket or tag an admin here to reset your limit and revoke your devices. Once you log into your first device, IMMEDIATELY change your password. Usually, when people get this error it is because someone else is logging into your account. It’s possible you tried to use the web version (which counts as a device), but I’d change password to be safe. 

Hi @Jeshi, thanks for the response, I guess I figure it out already by my own, here are my findings:

- It looks like “un-syncing” devices’ feature on iPhone’s Evernote application is not working properly, I’m saying this because from my iPhone I tried Un-syncing both “iPhones” devices listed a few times (one of the iPhones was listed as “current device” and the other saying “last used <hour”),  until the point I was banned 1 month to do it, but at the end, look they both kept synced with my account (getting message that I need to keep just 2 devices before paying)

- Then, I’m not sure how, I was able to login into my account using a web browser (on my laptop) and un-synced, what I think was my old iPhone (from 2018!! :O), interestingly this was the device that was listed as “Last used <hour” ¿?. So after doing it from the web version on a PC, it fixed my issue.

- I guess that would not happen if the Un-sync feature from iPhone was working properly because I’m pretty sure I have Un-synced the other device (the one that not saying “This device” many times)

either way it looks like fixed, and so far I’m not having the issue anymore. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I agree it is a good practice though, I usually do it on that way (using the iPhone model as an identifier) the interesting here is that I tried un-synced both of the "iPhones" listed (using iPhone's Evernote application) and even though both of them were listed again as active devices over and over again.

Hi, I'm having the same problem right now, and it' as if only when I log in with my iPhone, Evernote detects 2 different iPhones, but I can't see both devices in the web browser... Now I can't delete any more devices and can't use the app on my phone anymore... My only option is to open a support ticket? I really doubt that revoking access to all the devices will fix this, since the "double iphone" doesn't even show right now.

Hi @Sgrubz,  i know it does not make sense at all, but I’d recommend give it a try, un sync all devices from the web page and then login into Evernote using your iPhone, at least that would be faster than waiting for your ticket to be resolved. Hope it helps,  on my case it worked 😀

• Level 5

See above:

Give your iPhones different names

Check whether there is an access from a far away location listed - hackers seem to camouflage their devices as iPhones. Then there may be 2 iPhones listed, but one of them is a fake, and a dangerous one.