(Archived) Viewing notes on Chrome clipper

jamesctaylor

I've been using the new Chrome clipper a lot recently and love the 'view all notes' tab function.

90% of the time I use Evernote for Windows and rarely use Evernote online. It's not very useful then for me that clicking on a note on the Chrome clipper tab takes me through to Evernote online.

Would it be possible to link the Chrome clipper with the Windows client so that clicking on a note takes me to that note in the Windows client?

Currently, the Chrome clipper is entirely web-based ... Google doesn't really encourage native code in their extensions. We may revisit this in the future, however, so that the Chrome clipper can go directly to our native application.

• 4 months later...

Here's what I'm doing to take the search local. When I search in Chrome and click on the results for EN, in the new browser session I click to save the search. Then I have the notes collected locally. I can always delete the search later.

• Level 5*
Currently, the Chrome clipper is entirely web-based ... Google doesn't really encourage native code in their extensions. We may revisit this in the future, however, so that the Chrome clipper can go directly to our native application.

Sandboxes are nice...

...except when they're not...

~Jeff

Archived