Evernote for Windows 6.16 beta 2

Iriska

• Ex Employees
Today we released Windows 6.16 beta 2. It's available here!  
What’s in 6.16 beta 2?

Fixed:

- Space between two URLs is removed after copy/paste into Evernote
- Unable to edit Biz card (updated information is reset when switching notes)
- Local file link doesn't work correctly when using 2byte character
- Created tags with black color (default color) and bold/italic/underline/strikeout style are invisible in Tags view when logging in with the same account on another computer
- Horizontal Rule disappears at various zoom levels
- Note panel is blank on all notes view
- Unable to copy a PDF attachment from Outlook mail to note
- Cursor jumps to the beginning of note title in SingleNoteView window
- Drag and drop local PDF file into note fails on second or third try
- 'Shift+Alt+N' does not open Notebook selector on Note List

Updated:

- ENEX import/export: Allow empty img source tags
- Tweak note list header size and positioning
  • Iriska pinned this topic
  • Level 5*
19 minutes ago, Liam Gretton said:

Why has this moved from 'Product Feedback/Feature Requests' where the beta discussions usually reside?

Moved to the Feedback forum

Sometimes, all new changes in a note are lost when going to another note or another part of EN.  I have not found a way to reproduce it easily yet. 

I mention it in case others have noticed this.

On the other hand, the problems with invisible tags and dragging a pdf into EN appear to be fixed, thanks.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Don Dz said:

Sometimes, all new changes in a note are lost when going to another note or another part of EN.  I have not found a way to reproduce it easily yet. 

On the other hand, the problems with invisible tags and dragging a pdf into EN appear to be fixed, thanks.

This has been an issue for me for newly created notes if switched or closed prior to a point where the note receives an automatic title. Has this happened for you with changes to existing notes as well?

14 minutes ago, gustavgi said:

This has been an issue for me for newly created notes if switched or closed prior to a point where the note receives an automatic title. Has this happened for you with changes to existing notes as well?

That particular description sounds like something I have observed quite a few  times in prior versions, I thought that connection was described as fixed in a recent version, but not exactly the connection I observed in the current version (two old notes being edited, rather than a new and old notes).

• Level 5*

To continue a subtopic from the previous beta's topic: it does look like styles are synced, as I added my work account to my home computer, and the styles came across. No help for stack styling (or its lack thereof), though...

I take back what I replied before about this:  My primary computer shows no problem, but my secondary has lost all color styling, I even changed a Notebook's name color back to black, synced, restored the red color, synced again.  It will not show red on the second computer.

• Ex Employees
9 hours ago, Don Dz said:

Thanks for the report. We're looking into this. 

• Level 5*

This still has the bug where you cannot remove a tag from a new note:

1. Do a search for something using a tag.
  2. Come back an hour later.
  3. Press New Note button.
  4. Note is populated with tag(s) from your search.
  5. You cannot remove the tags from the note! You either have to abandon the note, clear the search, and start over, or save the note. Open, then remove the tags.
  • Level 5*
11 minutes ago, EdH said:

This still has the bug where you cannot remove a tag from a new note:

1. Do a search for something using a tag.
  2. Come back an hour later.
  3. Press New Note button.
  4. Note is populated with tag(s) from your search.
  5. You cannot remove the tags from the note! You either have to abandon the note, clear the search, and start over, or save the note. Open, then remove the tags.

It's just as annoying every time, but I find the quickest workaround to be adding a second tag and then removing them both.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, gustavgi said:

It's just as annoying every time, but I find the quickest workaround to be adding a second tag and then removing them both.

Yup. Another workaround. Still....

• Level 5*
48 minutes ago, EdH said:

Yup. Another workaround. Still....

Just curious as to what happens if you duplicate the note; does the duplicate have the same condition? Couldn't see this in 6.16.1, I'll try it again when I get around to the latest update.

• Level 5*

Search box still eats up too much space in my view.  Any reason you guys didn't want to align with the bottom of the search box with the note header line as opposed to the top?  Looks pretty, but you lose two left panel icons worth of height in the note list.  That and the search explanation is still some visual calisthenics.

ScreenClip.png.ffc7e03f3681dafd0c9c78dd9e89c62b.png

1384537356_ScreenClip1.png.2768fea2aced089c1ddcc2a30f22ef54.png

Shared notebook bug ... unless this is intended behavior...

An associate is working in a fully shared (edit permissions) notebook  and merged a few notes together.  

The merge appears correct on her computer, but my computer shows the original note as well - meaning our notebooks are now out technically of sync - despite doing a force sync to double (and triple check).

In screen shots below,  item "2." is the original note that was originally created in owners notebook.
Item "1." is the new shared note that is only visible in collaborator computer. 

Web view backs up what I'm seeing on my end "owners notebook".   

I suppose I can't really call it a 6.16 bug but rather a system sync bug?  

1813766301_evernotebug-mergeinsharednotebook.png.4dbdb50e31a1be73f44cadbde6b968d8.png

• Level 5*

The scroll bar for a note is so small I thought it was missing. Can we get it to be a certain size no matter how long the note is? It seems it is 1 pixel tall on this. IMHO should be at least 5% or 10% of the window regardless of how long the note is.

Plus, there is nothing visual I can see that there is even a scroll bar. Maybe add another drop of black color in there so the gray shows up?

image.thumb.png.3c3902278410312a4e53e974b4fa54d5.png

20 hours ago, TheBenson said:

I've got a wrong translation in the formatting menu. Doubled text in GERMAN translation

Thanks! We'll make sure that gets updated. (Not sure what build it will make it into...)

• Iriska unpinned this topic

Archived