Evernote Requires Memory Card

Received this error after replacing faulty memory card.  Have tried two brand new cards and still getting this error. Have uninstalled and reinstalled Evernote a number of times.  Upon trying to open new installed version, the error pops up on the screen and then closes Evernote. Given the fact that it doesn't even write to the memory card, why this message.  I have seen a post from 2014 on this issue....not a solution.  

• Level 5*

Hi.  AFAIK Evernote does NOT need a memory card at any time.  Beats me why you should be seeing that message - have you tried uninstalling / restarting / reinstalling the app?  What device are you using,  and what version of Android does it run?

Yes, I am confused based on it Not needing a memory card.  I tried the sequence of uninstalling/restarting/reinstalling the app and it still gives the "Evernote requires Memory card" .  I am running Android 8.1.0 on a Blackberry Motion.  

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, DARGNR said:

I am running Android 8.1.0 on a Blackberry Motion.

Is this a work Blackberry?  I seem to remember something about proxies and firewalls being an issue - no clue whether that's relevant or not without finding the thread...  I'd suggest using Twitter and @EvernoteHelps to see if the Support team can help.  Hopefully you may also get some more feedback from someone more knowledgeable about BB's and/ or who solved this issue if you give it a few days...

• 3 months later...
  • Level 5*
42 minutes ago, Candid said:

No, I'm on a relatively new Lenovo tablet, but I had the same sequence of events with Corrupted SD card, replaced, and now all other apps are fine except Evernote.

Hi.  Did you move Evernote to the card,  or store notes there?  AFAIK Evernote isn't happy with anything but temporary information stored on removable storage,  so the answer in your case may simply be to uninstall,  restart your tablet,  and reinstall the app.  Any unsynced notes may be lost if the app won't run for long enough to copy or email them elsewhere.

None of the above was effective, but a few days later I couldn't download a file, also with a card comment. So I reset the device, keeping no back up (after making sure files and photos were in storage on the web, but no device backup). This appears to have fixed things.

Archived