Link text from one note to another

davidont

Idea

I want to link a simple to do item to a section within a separate meeting note (not the whole note itself). So I'm looking for a way to highlight the first few words on a paragraph, copy it as a link to text, then paste it into my ToDo note (like I can do in OneNote). This way I can see the to-do item on my To Do note and click on it to take me to my meeting note to help me remember the background and context in which the task was created. 
1. So is this possible? 
2. Is it possible using the web version or Android app? 
3 How?

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, davidont said:

I want to link a simple to do item to a section within a separate meeting note (not the whole note itself). So I'm looking for a way to highlight the first few words on a paragraph, copy it as a link to text, then paste it into my ToDo note (like I can do in OneNote). This way I can see the to-do item on my To Do note and click on it to take me to my meeting note to help me remember the background and context in which the task was created. 
1. So is this possible? 
2. Is it possible using the web version or Android app? 
3 How?

It is not currently possible in Evernote to link to a section of a note, in either a single note, or to a section of different note. You can link to other notes, not sections in those notes. This has been requested before.

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, davidont said:

This way I can see the to-do item on my To Do note and click on it to take me to my meeting note

A note link will take you to the meeting note.
The only way I see to link to text is to bookmark the reference with a keyword and navigate using the search feature.  Something like a timestamp 201810131143
This gets you to your meeting note with a highlight to indicate the text

btw  Do you have a system to generate the To Do note entries from your meeting notes?

Archived