send email from Evernote

@pwutt

• Level 5*

Evernote is not a mail service; there is no "forward" process.

Notes can be emailed as a function of the Share process.
I usually switch back to my email app and email from there.

• Level 5*

What he said...

If you're using Outlook,  there's an email clipper that will add emails too.  If you forward or clip emails individually it's also possible to attach the email .EML file to the note.  Drag and drop the email from outlook to your desktop (which creates the EML file) then drag and drop that file into a note.  NB the date on this file will be when the file was attached to the note,  not when the email was sent.  If the email date is important you'll need to save it in the title or alter the Updated or Created dates of the note.

If/ when you wish to reply to the email,  doubleclick the attachment,  and the email opens up in Outlook again and can be sent from there.

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, @pwutt said:

I want to save certain email I receive. But if I send them to Evernote (I'm a Premium User). How do I forward them from Evernote, please?

May be more effort than it's worth, but you may be able to drag the email (from the list) to EN which will create the email as an attachment.  Double click the attachment and it should open in your email client.  Downside is you cannot see or search the email.  Now if you forward the email to EN and then drag it into that note, you would have a searchable note and a double click to forward. Would look something like the below. 

I've done it a couple of times when I knew I was going to reply/forward and didn't want to have to save/find it in my email client.  Again, may not be worth the effort but it's a workaround. 

ScreenClip.png.6695744a16b44ec2e4fd7a8c3e9b3915.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2018 at 7:44 AM, DTLow said:

Evernote is not a mail service; there is no "forward" process.

Notes can be emailed as a function of the Share process.
I usually switch back to my email app and email from there.

No, but technically you CAN "email" a note from EN- and add comments to it. I have done it many times. Now, use as a regular email program? No. I think he just used the wrong term.

Eric

Archived