We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×
Sign in to follow this  
mywebster

(Archived) Evernote icon flickers, web clip does not work

Whenever I try to clip something from the web, the icon in the URL box flickers rapidly, and Evernote does not clip the page. When I initially started using Evernote, I had no problems. I searched the forums but have not seen any problem similar to mine. Suggestions/help will be much appreciated.

I am using Windows 7, version 6.1, Firefox 3.6.7, and Evernote Desktop 3.5.5.2672. I am new at this so if you need more information, please let me know. Thanks.

What OS, browser, and versions are you using?

Try disabling all other extensions in Firefox, and make sure that your security settings for Firefox are the defaults. In particular, you need to permit "third party cookies" for Evernote to clip correctly.

If that fails, I'd try a reboot. If that still doesn't work, check under the Preferences for our FF extension. You may want to try changing the first setting there.

Thanks so much. For some reason, third party cookies was disabled. That did the trick.

Try disabling all other extensions in Firefox, and make sure that your security settings for Firefox are the defaults. In particular, you need to permit "third party cookies" for Evernote to clip correctly.

If that fails, I'd try a reboot. If that still doesn't work, check under the Preferences for our FF extension. You may want to try changing the first setting there.