Changing landing page view (default view)

Searched but couldn't find a topic on this, sorry if it's already been discussed.

Tools>options>general>default notebook

I know this tells Evernote where to save all notes as a default, but does it also double as changing which notebook shows up on the desktop version?  Wondering how to change which notebook shows up when I initially get into Evernote each time?

TIA

• Level 5*

This is the Windows Evernote client, right?

No, I believe that the default notebook doesn't serve as the  startup notebook; I think that you always start up in "All Notes". A couple of things you could do:

1. Create a shortcut that selects the notebook you want to start with, and give it a name that makes it appear at the top of your shortcuts list so that it's always handy, and just click on it when you start up Evernote.

2. There is a way to start up Evernote via a search query, and in your case, you'd be doing a search on your favorite notebook. Evernote for Windows ships with a companion program, ENScript.exe that allows you to perform certain Evernote actions on the command line. One of them is to execute a search. So what you can do is this:

• Locate the Evernote program folder; by default it's "C:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote\Evernote"
  • In that folder, you should find a program called "ENScript.exe"
  • Right-click on that, and select Send To / Desktop (create shortcut).
  • You should have a new shortcut on your desktop names "ENScript.exe - Shortcut"
  • Right click on that, and select Properties.
  • In the Properties dialog, click in the Target: edit box; you should see the string "C:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote\Evernote\ENScript.exe" or similar
  • Go to the end of the string and add a space character after the final double quote (").
  • Assuming that the name of your notebook is "MyNotebook", add the following string after the space character you just typed:  shownotes /q notebook:MyNotebook
  • Click on OK. Now if you click on that shortcut, you should go to that notebook, even if Evernote isn't running

Reference: https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/enscript.php#enscript

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, smetlogik said:

Searched but couldn't find a topic on this, sorry if it's already been discussed.

Tools>options>general>default notebook

I know this tells Evernote where to save all notes as a default, but does it also double as changing which notebook shows up on the desktop version?  Wondering how to change which notebook shows up when I initially get into Evernote each time?

TIA

Select the notebook you want to show up initially.  Then do a File - Exit.  From then on whenever you start EN it will open to that notebook.  Unless you do a File - Exit when some other notebook is the current context.

Archived