Jump to content

REQUEST: Alt+Shift+Up/Dn for moving bullet points


Recommended Posts

  • 2 months later...

I use this feature ALL the time in various Windows apps and it's super convenient and time saving. Very annoying that it doesn't work in Evernote. It's not just bullets - select any lines of text and move them up or down while preserving formatting. This last part is key. In Word and PowerPoint for example, if you use cut and paste, the default paste action adopt the formatting of the paste target paragraph. Nine times out of ten you don't want that - you want to keep the formatting you had. So, ALT-SHIFT plus arrows to move stuff quickly up or down. game changer.

Link to comment
  • 1 month later...

It's fairly commonly known that you can just highlight the line of text and drag it around.... albeit, it's a bit clunky.  But, today, I discovered a little game changer. Now it's not as elegant as shift + alt + arrow (up or down), but it'll certainly do for now. For a list with a number, bullet, or checkbox at the beginning of each line--if you hover over the number, bullet, or checkbox--you will see a little hand appear. Once the hand appears, you can left click, and easily drag the item (or line) up or down the list.

Link to comment
  • Level 5*
On 1/26/2019 at 3:38 PM, JodyHeath.Com said:

For a list with a number, bullet, or checkbox at the beginning of each line--if you hover over the number, bullet, or checkbox--you will see a little hand appear. Once the hand appears, you can left click, and easily drag the item (or line) up or down the list.

I don't see this working in the latest public release (6.17.6.8292 (308292) Public) of the Windows Evernote client

Edit: striking this out as it's not true. See below...

Link to comment
  • Level 5
1 hour ago, jefito said:

I don't see this working in the latest public release (6.17.6.8292 (308292) Public) of the Windows Evernote client

That would be disappointing. I can use it in v. 6.16. You have to be sure that you grab the bullet or number, not the line of text itself.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Level 5*
1 minute ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

That would be disappointing. I can use it in v. 6.16. You have to be sure that you grab the bullet or number, not the line of text itself.

Ah, OK. I take it back. This *does* work when you drag the bullet or checkbox. I was attempting to grab the line.

Nice feature there; I didn't know about it (obviously).

Link to comment
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Tks everyone for the tips, but can we move entire lines around the text, using the same procedure (little hand)? I mean simple lines, with no "bullets" in it.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...