For the second time, Evernote has suddenly stopped loading under the exact same circumstances it loaded with yesterday. The only fix I've seen is to uninstall and reinstall. I'm hesitant to do that because I have critical information saved in the notes. I've been having syncing issues, so I'm not sure everything is in the online app, though I can see my notebooks. 

I have no idea why it started working again the first time, and this time I can't wait for some mysterious fix out of the blue. I need to access notes right now. I can't have this happening. Does anyone know why it happens and what I can do to make it stop? Using Chrome for Windows 10 OS. I haven't changed anything since the last time I logged in. Not. One. Thing. 

• Level 5*

Are you talking about the desktop app not loading or the browser site, hard to tell as you mention uninstall and Chrome?

IAC, you should be able to log into your account on the web and see what notes you have (unless some did not sync up from the desktop app).

• Level 5*
26 minutes ago, bcmfamilyenterprises@gmail said:

The desktop app wasn't loading, and yes, I've had sync problems, so the notes I was looking for weren't there on the online version. I mentioned the syncing issues in my original post.

Get any error message as to why it was not syncing?  Hit the monthly upload limit?  You can check that on the web.

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, CalS said:

Get any error message as to why it was not syncing?  Hit the monthly upload limit?  You can check that on the web.

Also, is it showing sync  errors? There's a toolbar button, looks like a radio telescope that will be red (or have red highlights) if there are.  Also Help / Activity log can be a help in diagnosing sync errors.

• 4 weeks later...

A mí me pasa lo mismo! 

Es decir: empezó con problemas de sincronización, desinstalé, instalé... y ahora no funciona en absoluto la aplicación de escritorio. Da un error de conexión con el servidor cuando sale la pantalla inicial (en la que se introduce nombre de usuario y contraseña). Sin embargo, si desde esa pantalla elijo "he olvidado la contraseña", SÍ CONECTA con el servidor, porque recibo correo para resetear la contraseña.

• Level 5
18 hours ago, foxtrot1964 said:

A mí me pasa lo mismo! 

Es decir: empezó con problemas de sincronización, desinstalé, instalé... y ahora no funciona en absoluto la aplicación de escritorio. Da un error de conexión con el servidor cuando sale la pantalla inicial (en la que se introduce nombre de usuario y contraseña). Sin embargo, si desde esa pantalla elijo "he olvidado la contraseña", SÍ CONECTA con el servidor, porque recibo correo para resetear la contraseña.

I'm just giving a rough English translation, so that other people who may have a suggestion can offer it:

The same happens to me!

That is, it started with synchronization problems, uninstalled, installed ... and now the desktop application does not work at all. It gives a connection error with the server when the initial screen appears (in which user name and password are entered). However, if from that screen I choose "I forgot the password", it DOES connect with the server, because I receive an email to reset the password.

On 1/11/2018 at 19:50, Dave-in-Decatur dijo:

I'm just giving a rough English translation, so that other people who may have a suggestion can offer it:

The same happens to me!

That is, it started with synchronization problems, uninstalled, installed ... and now the desktop application does not work at all. It gives a connection error with the server when the initial screen appears (in which user name and password are entered). However, if from that screen I choose "I forgot the password", it DOES connect with the server, because I receive an email to reset the password.

Good translation :)) Tx v m

Archived