Email to an EN folder - SOLVED

required_username

I have a stack(?) containing folders.  All should contain emails.  I'm having problems getting the emails to go to the appropriate folder.  Take the following email -

"How to collect on your winning lottery ticket."

I open the email, hit "Forward, add my EN email address, and in the title I have ""How to collect on your winning lottery ticket @email."  The email ends up in the EN  "Contracts" folder.  What am I missing?  And, is it possible to send an email to a folder such as ""How to collect on your winning lottery ticket @email/personal?

• Level 5*
15 minutes ago, required_username said:

I have a stack(?) containing folders.

Stacks are a collection of notebooks

>>"How to collect on your winning lottery ticket @email."  The email ends up in the EN  "Contracts" folder.

I would expect the email to create a note assigned the email notebook.  This must be an existing notebook.
Note: You don't specify the @ symbol on the notebook name; just on the email subject line

>>And, is it possible to send an email to a folder such as ""How to collect on your winning lottery ticket @email/personal?

You could have a notebook named "email/personal"
I just tested it and it works

OK, I have a stack I named "email"  I have a notebook named "folder"  So my email title should read 

"How to collect on your winning lottery ticket @email" or "How to collect on your winning lottery ticket @personal,"  or

"How to collect on your winning lottery ticket @personal" or will all 3 work, depending on where I want the email?

• Level 5*
24 minutes ago, required_username said:

OK, I have a stack I named "email"  I have a notebook named "folder".  So my email title should read

Your notebook name is "folder" so use

"How to collect on your winning lottery ticket @folder"

Don't shoot the  messenger.  You're the one who chose the notebook name.

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, required_username said:

Any way to direct an email to a stack

No, you can't direct mail to a stack.

The stack doesn't exist as an entity.  It's a notation on the notebook record.

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, required_username said:

Thanks.  Can't find a way to award you with a 'solved.'  

Not necessary.  The "react" was sufficient.

You might update the discussion title to indicate "solved"

Archived