Multiple Dates and Locations per Note

FrTommy

Idea

I am a pastor and use Evernote to store my Sermons and sermon notes. Currently I create sermons with a little section at the top that includes Date and Location the sermon was preached. It would be nice if I could remove this from the actual note and have it in the Info section. There is a date and Location option but a particular sermon might be preached at multiple locations on different dates. For example:

9/1/17 - Grace Church, Anytown, State

9/10/18 - Community Church, Anothertown, State

It would be a nice little feature to be able to have the ability to create multiple date/location entries for a Note so that the history of a particular sermon/note could be seen.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, FrTommy said:

It would be nice if I could remove this from the actual note and have it in the Info section.

1549200159_ScreenShot2018-10-08at10_31_53.png.3f83dfa71f4a7869fd277797e85bdeb4.png

Which device/platform?  

I use a script (Mac) to copy metadata into the note contents.

The metadata only allow for a single entry.

>>It would be a nice little feature to be able to have the ability to create multiple date/location entries for a Note

Tags

@FrTommy - Here is an approach.

As I understand how you have implemented your data, you have defined an Evernote Note as a "speech". (I am purposely avoiding the use of the term "sermon". It could be construed as (1) a "speech"  or (2) the "delivery of a speech".) As I understand, you are using approach #1.

So, consider trying approach #2. That is, each Evernote Note will be the "delivery of a speech" and do the following to each Note:

• Set the Note's "Create" date as the date you delivered the speech. (You won't be able to do this on the iOS version of Evernote. Use the desktop version.)
  • Create a set of Tags, 1 for each location where you deliver speeches. Add one of the Tags to each Note.
  • Put the name of the speech in the Title of the Evernote Note. (Be sure to always use the same Title for the same speech.)

Now, when you want to review your past speeches, do so with the Evernote "List" view. You then be able to search for the name of a specific speech and see where you delivered it or search for a specific location (click on a Location Tag) and see a list of speeches you previously delivered at that location.

I hope you feel this other approach is helpful.

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, Analyst444 said:

So, consider trying approach #2. That is, each Evernote Note will be the "delivery of a speech" and do the following to each Note:

This is what I would consider to be the "Evernote Way". Bravo!

Archived